At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for an Aircraft Integration Technician to join our team. The goal of an Aircraft Integration Technician at Wisk is to (support aircraft integration, modification, installation, and repairs of prototype electric aircraft). You will be part of the Final Assembly team and be responsible for following standardized work processes, specifications and best practices.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an Aircraft Integration Technician to join our Final Assembly team. The goal of the Aircraft Integration Technician at Wisk is to to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will assist and work with team members and engineers to resolve problems and develop techniques for special projects and programs. Have the ability to work from digital work instructions blueprints, drawings and manufacturing specs and work orders. Your goal is to make sure that scheduled tasks are met within proper time constraints. Your mission is to keep safety at the forefront of everything you do while assembling top level aircraft in accordance with current processes and specifications.
- The successful candidate is a highly knowledgeable and experienced technical person who has direct hands-on experience developing and building type certified aircraft, from initial concept through final build and delivery to flight test. In this role, the candidate must be proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated with the ability to inspire and lead by influence a team of like-minded personnel.
What you will do:
- As part of the manufacturing team and deployed in the Final Assembly Team you will act as a Aircraft Integration Technician for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in the day to day activities of the Final Assembly team.
- You will support the assembly of all products to ensure they are manufactured safely, with high quality, and in accordance with all applicable processes, specifications, and engineering definition).
- You will help in making sure that the workshop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous and/or hazardous material.
- You will take part in daily tasks as required to meet company milestones.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with team members and engineers to build and troubleshoot systems on the plane.
What you have done:
- Relevant hands on manufacturing with at least 5 years of experience in the integration, verification, and certification of aircrafts or large integrated systems such as integrated avionics system, electrical system, battery management systems, propulsion systems or fly-by-wire systems.)
- You have worked on integrating various complex, safety-critical systems and solving associated problems.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex processes, such as built record documentation, quality systems, and manufacturing execution systems.
- You are familiar with functional systems checks, NCR’s and QAR’s, and whole aircraft systems integration.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$63,029 - $85,275 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay:$63,029 - $85,275 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.