The Avionics and Systems Quality Inspector / Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all parts, components, and materials meet specific quality and regulatory standards before they are used in the manufacturing process of Dronamics Drones. This role acts as a subject matter expert, having
a thorough understanding of all drone Inspection systems, their integration and customization and to provide guidance, coaching and support to the avionics and systems teams.
- Responsible for First Article Inspection of parts and assemblies to Drawing and Specification as per AS9102
- Must be competent in aerospace inspection methods
- Assist in the development of inspection plans and quality control points within the manufacturing process
- Aid in the creation of standard work instructions for detail inspections
- Evaluate products for acceptance criteria and initiate rejection process where required
- Apply 5S workplace organization & follow the Lean initiatives
- Perform training on inspection techniques and requirements
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience reading and interpreting aerospace design drawings and CAD models
- Substantial knowledge of the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action processes
- Knowledgeable with ISO 9001/AS9100 quality management systems.
- Experience inspecting solder, crimping, conformal coating, staking, and surface mounted devices accordance with IPC-J-STD-001, and IPC-A-610 standards
- Wire harness experience in accordance with IPC-A-620 standards
- Experience with performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related program
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, and team oriented
- Given the frequency of international partnerships, communication skills and foreign language command are both very important, and needless to say the ability to work as part of a team is crucial
- Must be able to work variable work shifts dependent upon production demands
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- An accredited qualification in Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical or Software
- Experience in Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical engineering
- Previous composite manufacturing a plus, but not mandatory
- Previous experience in dealing with certification and conformity
- Knowledge of DO178 / DO254 a plus
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Positive attitude and exceptional attention to detail
- Great analytical skills
- Fluency in English
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
This role is based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we developed a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, remotely-piloted and extremely fuel efficient.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
With the successful first flight of our full-scale Black Swan cargo drone, we have achieved a significant milestone. This innovative aircraft can transport up to 350 KG over distances of 2,500 KM, all at a cost that is at least 50% lower than traditional airplanes. It operates autonomously, enabling remote monitoring and management through satellite connectivity.
Our initial focus is on establishing domestic air networks in Europe, Australia, and Canada, leveraging underutilized small airfields. We train local personnel as drone and logistics operators while fostering partnerships with local industries. This collaboration allows us to provide vital support by facilitating the swift movement of goods to and from small, remote, mountainous, and island communities within mere hours, often at a cost lower than that of road transportation.At the core of our vision is the belief that same-day shipping should be a universal right.
Our ultimate goal is to empower every individual on the planet with affordable same-day deliveries. Join us in shaping a future where logistics know no boundaries, and cost-effective shipping is accessible to everyone, everywhere.