Today, we are looking for a Business Development Manager, with a background experience in one or more of the following sectors: Topography, Photogrammetry, Lidar, Remote Sensing, GIS, Public Works, Mining & Quarrying, Forestry.
Position will be based in the US.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager
The BDM will be responsible to support existing distributors and develop new sales partners in the assigned sales region. You will grow revenue in this dynamic market, and help YellowScan scale our operations, ensuring total customer satisfaction end-to-end (prospection, sales and after-sales). Market penetration, brand development, and sales activity is a key focus:
- Manage and support existing sales channel partners and expand the network of new resellers as needed. Drive their sales & marketing teams. Improve their technical and sales knowledge and skills so that they can provide intelligent solutions and continually grow sales and customer satisfaction
- Partner closely with internal teams and partners on key operational areas including marketing, engineering, finance, compliance, company policies, and operational best practices.
- Attend industry events and network in the survey, mapping, and chosen vertical markets to develop our brand and facilitate strategic sales.
- Actively seek out new opportunities using digital outbound prospection techniques and social media
- Investigate and report regularly on customer needs, market trends, and competitor activities;
Education and Work Experience
The ideal candidate will have sales management, business development, and geo-technical experience
- At least 5-year experience in a sales or technical sales or field operations role:
- In the following sectors: Surveying, Topography; GIS, Civil Engineering, Mining, Forestry, Environmental Research
- Direct and indirect sales (sales channel management)
- Acquisition of new clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- Driven by customer satisfaction, active listener, perceived as a trusted advisor
- Winning mentality, driven by complex challenges
- Inquisitive & creative learner—motivated to gain a thorough understanding of our customers, products & markets
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to remain focused on uncovering customers' business challenges and propose solutions
- People person—capable of developing and maintaining strong, positive relationships with colleagues, clients & business partners as required
- Dynamic self-starter — revenue driven & capable of working autonomously, motivation for self-directed time and activities. Must demonstrate ability to close deals
- Highly organized—capable of managing multiple projects, skillful, versatile
What we offer
- Salary commensurate with education, experience, and skills
- Base + sales commissions
- Bi-annual bonus based on sales performance
- Benefits after 30 days including major medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and 401
- Generous paid time off
- Sick time
YellowScan designs, develops, and produce mapping sensors for professional drone applications. It is fully integrated, ultra-light and easy to use. These highly automated sensors are used by
customers worldwide in various fields: topography, environmental research, archaeology environmental research, archaeology, civil engineering, and mining. Our product and services have a strong focus on customer satisfaction, we are committed to providing the highest level of performance, quality, dependability, and reliability of our products and services, to rapidly develop our business worldwide, we are actively seeking the best talents to strengthen our team.