Skyports, established in 2017, is a leading company in Advanced Aerial Mobility. We operate in two business units, the infrastructure business, and the drone services business.
In the infrastructure business, we are the primary owner and operator of vertiports in several cities worldwide, enabling electric air taxi operations.
Our drone services business provides cargo drone delivery, surveillance, and inspection solutions for the medical, logistics, and e-commerce sectors, working with customers such as the National Health Service (NHS) and Royal Mail in the UK.
Skyports has a collaborative and high-performing culture with a passion for driving results and making an impact. You will join a proactive and positive team, and in return, you will be encouraged to continue developing professionally and personally.
We are a diverse team with employees and offices in London, Asia, the Middle East, and North and South America. Skyports is well-funded, with shareholders including several major international companies.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Drone Services business for a Commercial and Growth Associate to join our team based in the UK, covering EMEA.
Our Drone Services team operates as an unmanned airline, providing long-range beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) services to blue-chip companies and governments worldwide. We are rapidly expanding our pipeline of opportunities across various industries and geographies and are preparing to aggressively scale our offerings in drone deliveries, surveys, and surveillance sectors.
We are looking for a person to support our Commercial Manager and help grow opportunities by executing competitive bids and proposals. This role will provide an opportunity for you to build your own relationships in the industry, enabling you to grow both personally and professionally while contributing to Skyports' continued expansion.
To be successful in this role, you should be a commercially-minded analytical professional with work experience in fast-growing start-ups, consulting, or banking. We offer considerable room for personal initiatives and scope for rapid career progression. Therefore, you will need to be a self-starter with initiative, creativity for problem-solving, attention to detail, and a passion for achieving results. In return, you will join a highly motivated team and have autonomy to deliver on your responsibilities in the way that works best for you.
Role And Responsibilities
The role involves carrying out Skyports' bids and proposals, assisting in the design and implementation of the go-to-market strategy, and cultivating relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Prepare bid and proposal material for blue-chip companies and government entities
- Design and set up delivery projects across EMEA and beyond
- Conduct analysis to inform go-to-market strategy
- Research customer needs and monitor industry developments
- Travel at short notice
- Strong relationship and networking skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint & Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of further languages is a plus.
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritise.
- Delivery focussed.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
- A competitive salary and pension
- Fantastic learning environment with a company-wide learning budget
- A unique, exciting, fast-paced working environment where we can genuinely make a change for good in transportation.
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Team lunches
- Company swag
- and more!