We are looking for a talented Drone Pilot (QA) (flexible working time and partial remote work possible) to join our growing team in Madrid, Spain. Pix4D develops a cutting-edge drone software solution used by hundreds of customers to perform Digital Twin based inspections in a more effective way than ever before.
You will be part of our Pix4Dcapture Team, and your mission will be to fly drones and help us build a product that captures data in an optimized way for our image processing and photogrammetry software. You will contribute to design optimized flight plans for multiple purposes. Moreover, you will participate in the QA process during the agile development of our products, including manual testing on the fields and meticulous bug reporting.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate outstanding skills in flying drones for professional usage and competences in photogrammetry, LiDAR or GIS in general, as well as a good understanding of software testing practices in agile methodologies.
- Perform test flights with drones, from initial preparation, authorization, stakeholder management, until execution in the field.
- Elaborate and maintain all the operational documentation according to legislation (insurance, permits, activity tracking, etc.).
- Capture and process datasets to provide valuable insights to the product team based on the experience in the field.
- Contribute to design optimal flight plans for Pix4D software.
- Reporting issues, ensuring that the description is clear for all the stakeholders.
- Create, maintain and execute test cases based on good QA principles, including product release validation.
- Collaborate in the full product life-cycle together with PO, UX and developers, from early concepts and prototypes to full deployment.
- Be a certified drone pilot, able to operate RPAS flights in Spain. Experience performing drone flights for professional purposes.
- Experience doing image processing with photogrammetry software, familiar with concepts such as flight plan, point cloud, mesh, orthomosaic, DSM, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the Spanish law to fly RPAS.
- Fluent English communication skills, spoken and written.
- Driving license.
- Experience participating as QA in Agile teams.
- Able to value simplicity and understand the cost of development.
- Experience doing drone based inspections is a plus.
- Experience developing mobile apps (Android, iOS) is a plus.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
What We Offer
- Exciting work with a cutting edge techonology and in a fast-growing international company.
- Well-located office close to Nuevos Ministerios to enjoy Madrid!
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work possible
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for physiotherapy & massages, health & wellness sessions, restaurants and other discounts related to WeWork membershipFlexible benefits with Sodexo and private Health insurance
- Company Social Events
- Engage in projects that involve other team members around the world
- Learning and professional development opportunities
Pix4D is a unique, fun, and intellectually stimulating company where you can grow and excel in your field. Our environment is authentic and multicultural, a place where we respect and learn from each other in the pursuit of being the best at what we do. Get more information here.
Pix4D promotes diversity and offers opportunities across all levels and career paths in all of its offices regardless of gender, race, or religion. We use standardized and structured interviews to ensure all candidates are treated equally and avoid any discrimination.
When you work at Pix4D, you empower professionals worldwide to digitize reality through survey-grade georeferenced 2D maps and 3D models. These outputs can be measured, analyzed, and shared, all based on data from images taken by plane, drone, or mobile phone.
We build solutions that take advantage of technology including reality capture, computer vision, digital twins, and machine learning to help solve our customers' most complex challenges.
Founded in 2011, Pix4D has its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland and commercial and R&D offices in Denver, Berlin, Shanghai, Tokyo and Madrid.