Legacy PSG, Inc. is a leading service-based company that provides land acquisition, right of way, construction services, aerial data collection and more for our clients. Our team is filled with innovative, diverse, motivated, and experienced individuals who are experts in their fields. Amongst our different service groups and departments, we offer individual services for clients’ specific needs, and work seamlessly together as a whole from the conception of the project to completion. If you are interested in being part of a winning team, Legacy PSG, Inc. is the perfect place to start!
Legacy is looking for an individual with UAV sensor systems experience to assist with integrating UAV payloads with light manned aerial platforms. This position will help develop methane detection, lidar and aerial camera systems, using existing drone sensor technology, for use on light manned aircraft. This position requires an understanding of the functions of each payload component, including GPS, gyro-stabilization, mounting hardware, sensor power and data collection hardware and software.
- Research, design, and plan UAV sensor installation into light manned aircraft.
- Assist in set up of design and production equipment.
- Designing and building components used in manned aircraft sensor installations.
- Assist with aerial data collection process development.
- Assist with sales and client retention activities.
- Knowledge of UAV sensor systems (Methane detection, Lidar, and image collection systems).
- Knowledge of sensor mounting and stabilization hardware.
- Knowledge of sensor power and data transfer hardware.
- Knowledge of CAD, or Computer Aided Design software.
- Knowledge of CNC software and equipment.
- Knowledge of 3-d printing.
- Knowledge of 3-d scanners.
Required Education And Experience
- A degree in aviation, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, with 2 years experience. Or
- 3 plus years experience designing, constructing and/or integrating sensor payloads into unmanned aircraft/drones.
- Experience designing, building, or integrating sensor payloads into manned aircraft.
- UAV pilots license required.
- Private pilot’s license or higher rating, or desire to obtain rating is preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience is preferred.
- Ability to work directly with the client.
- Sales experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change based on company needs.