SEH is currently searching for a Drone Technician I to join our team in the St. Paul, Minnesota area!
Our rapidly growing drone program needs skilled pilots to assist us with integrating digital data into our innovative deliverables. This opening provides the opportunity to join our drone team and be a partner in providing strategic planning while growing this emerging technical service. As a dedicated SEH drone pilot, you will help us with a wide range of project types including natural resources, aviation transportation, bridge inspections, construction oversight, development, industrial, water & wastewater, telecommunications, architecture, and environmental. As drones can be used in all facets of SEH’s expertise, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of project types, work with many practice centers, and with many SEH office locations. This includes travel to project sites and working directly with our project teams and clients. Our projects cover a range of working conditions from flying in dense urban areas to remote and isolated landscapes. Our pilots are also involved in marketing our services, which introduces the need to incorporate creativity and vision into our data collection. Be a part of an award-winning team who create and deliver strategic solutions.
- Join a fast-paced, collaborative, and growing team!
- Opportunities for continued education and technical training
- Flexible hours and competitive pay
- Our ESOP provides you an opportunity to own part of the company – 100% of our profits are re-invested in our Employee Owners!
What You Will Be Doing
- Operating drones and a variety of cameras while complying with Local and FAA rules.
- Work with the drone pilot coordinator and data analyst to ensure project needs are met.
- Work with others on mission planning, scheduling, and project team coordination.
- Data management skills will be required, including security of large datasets.
- Progression to data processing and more complex project types commensurate with experience and aptitude.
- Basic understanding of UAS systems.
- Expectation is to already have obtained or is willing to work toward obtaining Part 107 certification.
- Ability to carry out basic UAS operations and complete field work for flights, often independently. Physically mobile in and around field site assignments. Ability to carry equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings. Ability to lift 50 pounds, walk long distances, and work solo.
- Ability to travel frequently, including occasional consecutive overnights.
- Will obtain Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC), as needed for projects.
- Will apply for and acquire FAA authorizations and waivers as required.
- Other safety training as needed.
- Attention to detail and strong communications skills.
- College major or minor in unmanned aerial vehicles/drones or related fields.
- Experience and knowledge to acquire LAANC, FAA Authorizations and FAA waivers.
- Geographic Information Systems and/or remote sensing experience.
- Experience with cinematography, photogrammetry, LiDAR, and point cloud data processing and management.
- Experience in consulting and/or customer services-based type of work.
Who We Are
Better Places. Clean Water. Renewing Infrastructure. Improving Mobility. Together with clients, we’re simplifying the world’s most complex challenges. And we’ve been doing this since 1927. SEH is employee-owned and our 800+ engineers, architects, planners, scientists and a wide array of professionals unite behind our core purpose of Building a Better World for All of Us®. You’ll find our employee-owners located across the U.S. and evidence of our work in nearly every state.
Base compensation is expected to be in the range of $21.50 and $31.00 per hour based on skill set and experience. Check out our full benefits package at, SEH Hiring Journey
For confidential consideration, apply online or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job title if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a covered veteran. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
What would it feel like to be part of a company guided by engaged and empowered employee-owners? To have the encouragement to run with innovative ideas? To know your opinion is valued and your voice is heard? Wouldn't you love to work in an atmosphere of transparency, respect, and accountability?
Then you belong at SEH.