Swiss-based Dufour Aerospace is developing an eVTOL platform based on tilt-wing technology to make future manned and unmanned electric and hybrid electric aircraft a reality. Dufour’s prototypes have already flown many hundreds of flights – both manned and unmanned. The combination of VTOL operation, aircraft design and software development expertise puts Dufour Aerospace at the forefront of Advanced Air Mobility.
We are looking for a motivated engineer who will work in the interdisciplinary propulsion team in various research and development & testing tasks around designing, building and integrating our propulsion systems. You will report to the head of electrics & propulsion as well as the head of flight physics and head of systems. You will be working in a team of engineers with different backgrounds at different locations so excellent communication skills and a willingness to work at different locations are very important.
Main working/testing locations are Visp and Zurich, with some travel to both locations required.
- Assist in research & development of the electrical powertrains for our aircraft
- Assist in testing of individual powertrain components and complete system
- Modeling of propulsion components for simulation & analysis
- Assist in technical communication with our subcontractors
- Assist in integration & testing of powertrain onto our aircraft
You are required to bring:
- Bsc. in electrical engineering (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of basic concepts in electrical propulsion hardware systems (motors, batteries, controllers, etc)
- Good understanding of most common communication signal protocols used in electrical propulsion
- Knowledge in scientific programming
- Willingness for teamwork on multifunctional tasks
- Proficient in spoken and written English
Desirably you have:
- 2+ years of experience working in engineering environment
- Experience with hands-on electrical design, prototyping, and testing
- Experience in soldering, crimping and other standard electrical work
- Background in aviation is a plus, willingness to get into aviation is a must
We offer flexible working hours with the possibility to get individual tasks done from home. We fuel our employees with coffee, tea, and snacks and do our utmost to provide whatever enables them to perform their best. Everyone in the company is free to organize or participate in social lunch opportunities and events.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.