We believe the new era of aviation will be defined by those dedicated to bringing innovation and a pioneering spirit to life.
Composed of talented individuals who take on the all-electric challenge every day, Eviation's team is prepared to forever change the way people fly. By creating something that has never been done before, Eviation is proud to be electrifying the revolution and ushering in the future of flight.
We're looking for an experienced Energy Storage Systems Engineer to join our team in Arlington, WA.
In this role, you'll be part of a multi-disciplinary team developing the next generation Energy Storage Systems (ESS), you will be responsible for the mechanical engineering of the design from concept through manufacturing. You should be highly motivated to work in a fast-changing start-up company in the journey to bring a new and exciting state of the art all electric aircraft to the market.
- Innovate creative technical solutions for the most energy dense aerospace propulsion battery in the civil aviation industry
- Work with electronics engineers to package and accommodate PCBAs, electrical wiring, and discrete electronics modules
- Work with certification engineers to refine DO-311 requirements and demonstrate performance against same
- Define component level requirements, participate in DFMEAs, create and oversee test and validation plans
- Create thermal/statistical models to quantify design sensitivities and construct relevant DOEs
- Support prototype and production manufacturing with detailed descriptions of complex assemblies
- Analyze and present data-driven insights and interface with design and process engineers to drive decisions
- Maintain supplier partnerships with technical oversight and reliable program deliverables
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, materials science, physics, or related field
- At least 3 years experience in high voltage vehicle design
- Experience designing cell/module/pack batteries and familiarity with safety testing standards such as UN 38.3, SAE 2464, RTCA DO-311, RTCA DO-160
- CAD design experience for complex electromechanical assemblies. Catia v6 preferred
- Knowledge of battery electrochemistry and the respective thermal and electrical behaviors
- Comprehensive understanding of materials science for strength, fatigue, thermal and electrical properties in electromechanical applications
- Great verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Finite element modeling and analysis experience with multiple interfacing discrete bodies
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink or other modeling tools
- In depth understanding of component manufacturing processes including welding, milling, stamping, casting, injection molding, and others
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer
$160,000 - $180,000 annual salary
Eviation is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.