- Communicates effectively with current and prospective customers via email, phone, and chat to address their questions and issues
- Supports all technical aspects of the organization’s testing and demonstrations (from planning to execution, including bringing follow-up action items to closure, and providing debriefing reports)
- Provides technical analysis and troubleshooting that reduces our response times and meets or exceeds our Service Level Agreements
- Installs, inspects, diagnoses, and maintains Fotokite systems both on-site and remotely for customers, dealers and partners
- Aids in the design and implementation of Fotokite training processes and operator manual documents
- Serves as the “voice of the customer,” communicating a nuanced understanding of our customers to our various internal teams using actionable data and analytics
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or certification or proven experience in the robotics, electro-mechanical, or any other related technical field
- Demonstrated experience with service/maintenance/bring-up of electronic devices and/or robotics systems
- Experience with computer networking, Linux, small-scale manufacturing or product assembly is a plus
- Experience working with customer service software such as Freshdesk
- Hands-on experience with robotics, drones, UAS or UAV systems is a plus
- Experience with firefighting / public safety is a plus
- Applicants should be self-motivated with strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Diligent, methodical problem solving skills are a must
- Excellent analytical, time-management and verbal / written communications skills
- Extensive travel required at times
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in German is preferred, any other language is a plus.
We require that applicants are eligible to work in Switzerland and are fluent in English. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English only. We look forward to hearing from you!
Fotokite develops autonomous, high-endurance tethered unmanned aerial systems to help firefighters and public safety teams save lives.
Fotokite systems allow first responders to quickly and easily gain situational awareness after arriving at emergency scenes: our autonomous one-touch launch/land system makes operation simple and safe; the dual color and thermal camera payload provides situational awareness from the system’s aerial perspective; and actively tethered flight means the system can be flown without a certified pilot, and can be left flying for as long as the situation requires.
The Field Application Engineer provides best-in-class service and support to our growing customer base and critical support in the deployment of new systems. This position trains customers such as firefighters and first responders in order to help them develop the confidence to seamlessly integrate this unique tool into their daily routine. This position also gathers customer feedback that directly impacts the product development cycle while working closely with the engineering and sales team. Duties range from testing systems, product support, product demonstrations at trade shows, on-site installations and training of active users.