Platform Aerospace specializes in manufacturing, aviation modification and prototyping, and cutting-edge aerial ISR products, namely VANILLA UNMANNED UAS. Platform is AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 certified and is a registered service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB).
JOB TITLE: FLIGHT OPERATIONS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: FLIGHT OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Leads the Flight Operations Team.
- Oversee and actively manage the Vanilla Unmanned Training Program
- Oversee and actively manage the Vanilla Unmanned Standardization Program
- Oversee and actively manage the Vanilla Unmanned operation and maintenance manuals
- Develop the annual asset utilization plan
- Develop the annual detachment sustainment plan
- Supervise and mentor junior UAS operators
- Actively manage flight operation planning and authority to operate in support of customer-driven requirements
- Perform UAS Pilot duties to meet mission objectives
- Ensure compliance with all FAA regulations as applicable
- Support flight operations outside the continental United States for up to four (4) months at a time
- Up to 50% CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- Position is contingent on the ability to obtain and retain U.S. Government security clearance
- Position is contingent on the ability to pass required flight and deployment physicals
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation, engineering, or a related field and 6 years of experience in this role or 10 years of experience on this role in lieu of education
- 3-5 years of experience as a training lead
- Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience with Piccolo flight controllers
- Comfortable operating a UAS in various environmental conditions
- Ability to obtain a security Clearance
- Private Pilot License
- Experience in deployed UAS ISR operations
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, including, but not limited to, perceiving differences in wire cable colors, moving and/or lifting items such as ladders, tools, air tanks, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds, working aloft; climbing ladders.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT physical.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.