Pixis Drones is a pioneer in drone light shows and the experiential marketing industries. Pixis has executed drone light shows and elevated brand stories for the last 5 years and has over 30 years of global event and brand activation experience. We blend innovative storytelling with entertainment to create aerial art displays that captivate audiences.
Every day, we come together to create shows that inspire extraordinary memories and we have work with a roster of incredible brands including Candy Crush, F-1, Gila River, Los Angeles Football Club NASCAR, NBA, NFL, Seminole Casino, Swedish House Mafia, and US Bank to produce drones shows surrounding the 2022 NBA Draft, 2023 Bassmaster Classic, 2023 NFL Draft Kelce Jam, BNP Paribas Open, Candy Crush’s 10th Anniversary, and Paris Hilton’s 11:11 Media Launch & Anniversary.
Location: Alexandria, VA (Hybrid Opportunity)
Title: General Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
What This Job is About:
Pixis is seeking a visionary, energetic leader that is able to capitalize this moment in time, where Pixis is at the forefront of the industry, ahead of their competition, and realize the opportunity to capture the market, define the brand and deliver expected financial results. The General Manager of Pixis is a top executive, who will be responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the business, establishing short- and long-term goals, presiding over the workforce, managing the budget, ensuring the proper allocation of resources, and developing the strategic plan and company vision.
The General Manager will oversee hiring, training, development of staff, cash flow, sales, scheduling, managing client relationships, serving as the creative mind for Pixis, and be responsible for the successful growth of Pixis. They must draw upon a high level of industry knowledge and experience, having expertise in teeing up new business and growing organically for our current and previous clients. The selected person must be an expert leader, ensuring that the entire Pixis team buys into what Pixis is currently, and what Pixis future looks like and then fill the gaps and create the paths to achieve that success. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with a successful track record of leadership.
- Lead the marketing and business development functions of the company with an eye on building sustainable growth.
- Set the strategic tone, direction, growth, and supervision of business goals. This includes managing SOPs that adequately support client needs, staffing, strategy, quality of work, and budgeting.
- Ensure smooth operations by developing processes and planning, delegating and clearly communicating those processes and responsibilities to staff
- Work in partnership with owners to build on-going relationships with clients after the initial “sell-in” phase and expand from initial clients to new business opportunities.
- Oversee the creation and management of the show budget, profitability, and margin.
- Manage internal resources for planning and workflow, staffing and budgeting for all shows
- Develop standardized ROI methodology including goal setting, implementation and incorporating results into the strategic plan.
- Lead Pixis Digital Marketing strategy, utilizing the RedPeg Marketing team to assist in enhancing Pixis Drones digital ranking through the use of SEO/SEM marketing and to market the execution of every show.
- Develop Pixis Drones’s database of freelance brand ambassadors, utilizing RedPeg’s existing database, to ensure coverage at every show
- Be a key face for the business for partners and prospects, a senior voice with stakeholders and a senior advocate for clients, the organization and the department alike
- Plan, implement, and oversee staffing, infrastructure, and logistical needs for Pixis expansion into additional regional and global market.
- Assist in the hiring of new regional Pixis staff and supervise their integration into the broader Pixis team and methodology.
- Develop plans that grow the business over one, three, and five years and ensure annual benchmarks are fulfilled.
- Create and manage in-market expansion plan for Pixis’ rapidly developing fleet of drones
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan and vision that guides Pixis
- Develop short-term and long-term goals for the company
- Introduce new business to Pixis for short term and installation initiatives
- Identify and lead partnerships with strategic partners within media agencies, production companies, PR companies and experiential marketing agencies
- Develop and execute a comprehensive expansion strategy to drive the growth of Pixis into existing and new markets, to include the facilitation of installation initiatives.
- Participate in and facilitates the creation and development of business proposals for new and existing clients, with accountability for content and quality.
- Develop short- and long-term corporate budgets and effectively present targets and results to the ownership team.
- Provide budget-to-actual oversight on show budgets to project management and sales teams.
- Review timelines with Head of Operations and ensure staff adhere to deadlines
- Modify current processes to ensure projects run efficiently and cost effectively
- Develop an organizational structure and create a hiring plan which identifies additional key roles that need to be hired, ensuring that Pixis has enough staff members to successfully meet Pixis strategic growth plans, while maintaining profitability.
- Hire, Train and Develop staff members across all levels of the organization to include field staff, pilots, sales staff, creative staff, and operational support.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and development of entire Pixis team, holding all Pixis team members accountable to company policy
- Oversee performance reviews, goal setting, professional education, and team motivation/engagement
- Develop and install a succession plan for key Pixis roles, to include Pixis Pilots and field staff.
WHAT YOU’RE ALL ABOUT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing required; Master’s degree preferred but will consider additional experience for not holding a Master’s.
- 15+ years of relevant leadership experience, 10+ of which must come from the marketing field.
- Experience managing budgets, meeting deadlines, and managing teams of 10+ members.
- Proven ability to work across silos and unify teams.
- Must have an entrepreneurial/growth mindset, being able to see the big picture.
- High level of detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing, copy/editing skills and general communication skills. Includes the ability to write and present proposals in a creative manner.
- Potential travel (40-50%) when needed with the ability to work short notice on weekends/holidays.
Pixis Core Values
We engage everyone with a Service Mentality
We are Unifiers
We are Relentless in our Pursuit of Excellence
We are Committed to Growth
We Create Innovative Solutions
We take Extreme Ownership
We Cultivate an Environment built on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We are One Team!