As the Head of Flight Science, you will be responsible for leading as the subject matter expert for Flight sciences – aerodynamics, performance, stability, and flight controls.
THE JOB IN 2 BULLETS
- Head of Flight Science, subject matter expert
- Managing teams, and contractors, Leader of Flight sciences – aerodynamics, performance, stability, and flight controls
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage the flight sciences team (including sub-contractors) - supervising, hiring, and mentoring.
- Lead the air vehicle sizing and preliminary design activities.
- Develop the air vehicle dynamics model (“6-DOF”) and performance model (“3-DOF”)
- Take a lead role in the design. Develop the flight sciences methodologies. Communicate and work with other departments to implement those methodologies.
- Own the aircraft performance, stability and control characteristics, and loads analysis. Communicate and allocate requirements to the other departments to meet the design goals
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES + KEY QUALIFICATIONS EXPECTED FOR THIS ROLE
- 5 to 10 years of practical aviation industry experience in rotor dynamics and aerodynamics, rotorcrafts performance, and flight controls.
- Experience with aerodynamics analysis tools – empirical and computational methods (CFD)
- Experience in preliminary design and sizing of rotorcraft
- Comprehensive understanding of rotor aerodynamics, dynamics, and cyclic loads.
- Understanding of electric propulsion systems and propulsion as a flight-control effector
- Familiarization with flight control design standards (MIL-9490, ADS-33, etc.)
- Experience in certification and prior interactions with certification authorities
- Team-working attitude
- Degree in aerospace engineering
- Ability to work harmoniously in a high-performance team environment.
- Capability to operate in a collaborative and cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
At Manna, our mission is to improve the world by making high-speed suburban deliveries affordable, green, and safe. We design and build our own aviation-grade drones to deliver food and other items directly from restaurants, centralized kitchens, and local stores to consumers’ homes. With a widely dispersed workforce across many sites, you will be joining a company with a great culture for collaboration, lots of learning, and even more fun!