Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scaleup with a global and international team of 160+ dedicated Wingtranauts who want to see their actions have a positive and lasting impact on the world. Founded more than 7 years ago at ETH Zurich, Europe’s leading robotics university, our goal is to build the best aerial robots to digitize the world at the push of a button and set the basis for faster and better decisions. Wingtra provides efficient and reliable data solutions to a variety of industries ranging from mining, construction and agriculture to humanitarian organizations, environmentalists and wildlife monitoring groups.
We are reaching for the stars and together we might just get there. Open communication, asking hard questions and valuing diverse viewpoints are but a few things that will help us achieve our goals. Above all we will never stop learning and striving to help each other reach our maximum potential.
You are responsible that our products can be manufactured smoothly. Your team will be an integral part of new product development (Industrialization) and at the same time support our internal and external manufacturing and assembly facilities with problem solving and continuous improvement of the processes. You have to bridge the gap between the worlds of development, production and supply chain. In this function you will report to the COO.
- Leading a team of Hardware and Software engineers incl. resource allocation, prioritisation, alignment and escalation
- Making sure that new products can be manufactured at scales between 2000-20000 units per year
- Assess, escalate and if necessary intervene during product development to ensure a robust value stream during serial production. Find the right balance between reaching this goal and ensuring no lost momentum during development
- Further improving part of the “new product introduction” process (NPI) in order to better be able to fulfill your responsibility in alignment with the process owner
- Assess, analyze and solve problems arising from running production
- Leading projects within new product development programs or improvements
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Method knowledge to support R&D (DFM, DFA, DTC, FMEA, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of perseverance
- 5+ years experience in a comparable role
- Feeling at ease at a critical interface between operations and R&D
- Excellent fluency in English
- Honest, humble, and self-motivated
- Experience with manufacturing technologies from drone/aviation industry
- Experience with LEAN Manufacturing
- Fluent in German
- Experience with PLM and ERP systems
- Expertise in quality management
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.