Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You And The Role
As a founding member of the marketing leadership team, you'll build and lead a team responsible for driving demand and growth through scaled and high-touch campaigns, creating sales and web assets, and telling some of our most inspiring customer stories. You’ll partner closely with the product and sales teams, collaborate with cross-functional and international teams, and report directly to the CMO.
The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced environments working on complex, cutting edge technology. You work well across different backgrounds and cultures, as well as time zones. You’re someone for whom good is never good enough. You are as comfortable leading the Africa marketing strategy as you are digging in and writing the next campaign email. You’re a systems thinker who excels at making the complex understandable without losing the magic of the engineering, robotics and avionics needed to build an autonomous delivery network at global scale.
We are open to this person being based out of Nigeria or Rwanda.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a team of talented marketers responsible for growing awareness and driving demand for Zipline’s instant delivery service across the continent.
- Own the marketing strategy for Zipline’s Africa business and work closely with cross functional teams to execute on your vision.
- Lead sales enablement, high-touch marketing campaigns and events, and online growth for Zipline’s Africa business.
- Work with our customers to tell their stories across our owned channels and partner with comms to identify earned media opportunities.
What You'll Bring
- 10 - 15 years of proven experience leading marketing and building great teams.
- Experience defining and leading marketing for technology companies in complex, fast-moving markets.
- Experience in health tech, global health, public health or health tech would be very relevant for this role, but not mandatory.
- An ability to both execute on and communicate the results and impact of your team’s marketing strategy.
- Ability to prioritize and balance conflicting demands while leading multiple simultaneous initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; the ability to demonstrate expertise with colleagues at all levels of the company.
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!