The Role of the Lead Aircraft Safety Engineer leads as the subject matter expert for Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety.
THE JOB IN 2 BULLETS
- Responsible for everything Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety.
- Manage the RAMS team (including sub-contractors) - supervising, hiring, and mentoring etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Perform the RAMS-related analysis – FTAs, FMEAs, FMECA, FHAs, etc. to support design decisions and substantiation.
- Manage the RAMS team (including sub-contractors) - supervising, hiring, and mentoring.
- Lead the aircraft-level systems safety activities (per APR 4761).
- Take a lead role in the design. Develop guidelines and methodologies to meet the RAMS requirements. Communicate and work with the other department to implement those methodologies.
- Support aircraft-level system engineering activities (per APR 4754).
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES + KEY QUALIFICATIONS EXPECTED FOR THIS ROLE
- 5 to 10 years of practical aviation industry experience in Safety engineering
- Familiarization with ED-135 / SAE ARP4761, ASTM F3230-17, MIL-HDBK-2155, MIL-HDBK-217, and other aviation RAMS standards
- Experience and familiarity in evaluating complex aircraft system architecture.
- Experience in systems engineering & risk management.
- Knowledge of requirements management software
- knowledge of main RAMS Software tools (EPRI CAFTA [Computer Aided Fault Tree Analysis System], Isograph Reliability Workbench, Item tool kit, others)
- Independently capable to establish a company safety system engineering processes with minimal direction and confidence to provide guidance on non-routine tasks requiring judgment and initiative.
- Experience in certification and prior interactions with certification authorities
- Team-working attitude
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering / Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to work harmoniously in a high-performance team environment
- Capability to operate in a collaborative and cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
At Manna, our mission is to improve the world by making high-speed suburban deliveries affordable, green, and safe. We design and build our own aviation-grade drones to deliver food and other items directly from restaurants, centralized kitchens, and local stores to consumers’ homes. With a widely dispersed workforce across many sites, you will be joining a company with a great culture for collaboration, lots of learning, and even more fun!