The Lead Remote Pilot will have the opportunity to accomplish new milestones in the aviation industry, through comprehensive technical feedback for experimental aircraft and helping to deliver the objectives of the Malta Flight Operations department.As a Lead Remote Pilot your responsibilities will initially include flight planning and conducting ground/flight tests. In addition, you will be required to work closely with others on engineering design reviews, technical reviews, safety reviews and conducting flight briefings. Nurturing effective relationships with colleagues within a small and agile team is very important as are fostering good connections between different departments such as Design, Avionics, and Manufacturing. Teamwork, flexibility and communication skills are vital attributes to the fulfillment of this role.Extensive knowledge in developing safety cases in an effective manner within a strict regulatory framework will ensure your success in this role.
- Serve as Lead Pilot for the experimental BlackSwan UAV
- Assist with technical analysis and reports
- Participate in reviews of Flight Data and Human Factors
- Assist in the Development of procedures for the UAV
- Be the lead pilot in a multi crew environment
- Review and contribute to Pilot Operating Handbooks, related guidance documents etc
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment when require
ContractThis role will be part time initially, with anticipated 25-30 hours per week. As the business continues to scale and become commercial, these hours should increase over time. In the outset it may be possible to combine your employment with other work should you have good visibility of your roster to allow for planning.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hold an ATPL(A) qualification
- Knowledge of EASA and global (ICAO) regulatory developments
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be independent and motivated; able to self‐direct and manage time effectively
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Significant and demonstrable experience in commercial UAS roles within the EU
- Knowledge of UAS Regulations and framework for the safe operation within the Open, Specific and Certified Categories
- Relevant experience in flight test programs
- Experience in different aircraft types, technical and safety review boards,
- Familiar with government flight test organisations, and procedures.
- Remote Pilot (Fixed Wing) qualified or equivalent
- Degree in engineering or equivalent technical qualifications
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
- This role is located in Greece with frequency of travel within Europe.
Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we are developing a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, unmanned and extremely fuel efficient. It can transport 350 KG over 2,500 KM for a cost that's at least 50% lower than other airplanes. It flies autonomously, can be monitored and managed remotely via satellite, and the whole system costs less than a sports car. This is the kind of technology that can transform whole economies.At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.We are are starting with domestic air networks in Europe, Australia and UK and beyond with fleets of the Black Swan, taking advantage of the multitude of small airfields that are often unused, training local personnel as drone and logistics operators, and partnering with local industry to provide a valuable lifeline of getting goods in and out of small, remote, mountainous and/or island communities within hours at a cost that is often below even that of road transportation.We believe that same-day shipping should be a human right, and our goal is to enable same-day deliveries for every single person on the planet at a cost that everyone everywhere can afford.