Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we developed a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, remotely-piloted and extremely fuel efficient.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea. With the successful first flight of our full-scale Black Swan cargo drone, we have achieved a significant milestone. This innovative aircraft can transport up to 350 KG over distances of 2,500 KM, all at a cost that is at least 50% lower than traditional airplanes. It operates autonomously, enabling remote monitoring and management through satellite connectivity.
Our initial focus is on establishing domestic air networks in Europe, Australia, and Canada, leveraging underutilized small airfields. We train local personnel as drone and logistics operators while fostering partnerships with local industries. This collaboration allows us to provide vital support by facilitating the swift movement of goods to and from small, remote, mountainous, and island communities within mere hours, often at a cost lower than that of road transportation. At the core of our vision is the belief that same-day shipping should be a universal right.
Our ultimate goal is to empower every individual on the planet with affordable same-day deliveries. Join us in shaping a future where logistics know no boundaries, and cost-effective shipping is accessible to everyone, everywhere.
The Lead Remote Pilot will have the opportunity to accomplish new milestones in the aviation industry, through comprehensive technical feedback for experimental aircraft and helping to deliver the objectives of the Malta Flight Operations department.
As a Lead Remote Pilot your responsibilities will initially include flight planning and conducting ground/flight tests. In addition, you will be required to work closely with others on engineering design reviews, technical reviews, safety reviews and conducting flight briefings. Nurturing effective relationships with colleagues within a small and agile team is very important as are fostering good connections between different departments such as Design, Avionics, and Manufacturing. Teamwork, flexibility and communication skills are vital attributes to the fulfillment of this role.
Extensive knowledge in developing safety cases in an effective manner within a strict regulatory framework will ensure your success in this role.
- Serve as Lead Pilot for the experimental BlackSwan UAV
- Assist with technical analysis and reports
- Participate in reviews of Flight Data and Human Factors
- Assist in the Development of procedures for the UAV
- Be the lead pilot in a multi crew environment
- Review and contribute to Pilot Operating Handbooks, related guidance documents etc
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment when require
- Hold an ATPL(A) qualification
- Knowledge of EASA and global (ICAO) regulatory developments
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be independent and motivated; able to self‐direct and manage time effectively
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Significant and demonstrable experience in commercial UAS roles within the EU
- Knowledge of UAS Regulations and framework for the safe operation within the Open, Specific and Certified Categories
- Relevant experience in flight test programs
- Experience in different aircraft types, technical and safety review boards,
- Familiar with government flight test organisations, and procedures.
- Remote Pilot (Fixed Wing) qualified or equivalent
- Degree in engineering or equivalent technical qualifications
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
- This role is located in Greece with frequency of travel within Europe.