To support our daily operations management, Verity AG is looking for a skilled and self-driven Logistics Lead. Working within our operations team and reporting to the Head of Supply Chain you will take hands-on ownership of our shipping, goods receipt and process enhancement activities.
Among the great assets of a Logistics Lead is their experience in global export and import practices within and outside of the EU, familiarity across various forms of transportation channels (e.g., freight forwarder, courier, sea), responsive and tailored communications and documentation skills across various channels (e.g., transport partners, customers) and process orientation to identify and implement efficiency and cost improvements. The ideal candidate will be familiar with supply management principles and practices and have experiences optimizing shipment approaches.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do:
- Planning and coordination of shipments to and from international customers/events
- Drive projects to advance logistics documentation and processes
- Communication with freight forwarders and shipment consignees
- Creation of shipping and customs documents (packing lists, commercial invoices etc.)
- Develop our dangerous goods shipping competence (lithium batteries) and ensure compliancy with regulations
- Receive, check and store returned equipment and incoming vendor shipments
- Organize and control inventoried items
- Support preparation and packing of shipments to customers/events
What you bring:
- Solid experience driving a logistics department
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong interest and drive for process optimization
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Knowledge of logistics and export procedures and documents
- Customer service focus
- Self-motivated, independent and reliable way of working
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- ‘Nothing is impossible’ - attitude
- Administration-based qualification (Kaufmann/-frau EFZ or Logistikassistent/-in EFZ)
- Experience in dangerous goods shipping (lithium batteries)
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Knowledge of inventory control methods and procedures
Why you'll love Verity:
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career and grow with the company
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we’re dog-friendly!
Who we are
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and Ingka among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.net
We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical [dis]ability, gender identity or length of time spent unemployed.
Our talented people team are working extensively on each individual role and therefore we do not need the assistance from any recruitment agencies, thank you for your understanding.