As Joby's first Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in preparing our company and our future customers for commercial operations, which we plan to start in 2025. You'll lead the day-to-day execution of our marketing and brand strategy and will work closely with our Head of Marketing & Communications on the development of our strategy. You'll lead Joby's participation in a range of high-profile external events, across the globe, and will support the development of new and existing marketing partnerships as we introduce Joby to the world. Before we launch our service, our digital channels are the core access point to our stakeholders and the development of these channels is critical to our success. You will manage these channels, working to distribute high quality content that you will develop in conjunction with our in-house Creative Team. You'll also work closely with our Product Team to develop and maintain in-depth customer insights to inform our work.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to play a leading role in the introduction of a new company and a new sector. Our ideal candidate will have a history of working with startup or challenger brands, ideally in the high-tech or transportation sector. We'll expect you to be a scrappy team player, able to operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment, often with small budgets.
- Lead the day-to-day execution of Joby's marketing and brand strategy
- Play a key role in the development of Joby's short, medium and long term marketing, communications and brand strategies
- Lead Joby's participation in high-profile external marketing events
- Engage with existing strategic partners to build and execute joint marketing plans
- Support the development of new marketing partnerships to advance Joby's brand and potential market opportunities
- Manage Joby's social media channels, driving sector-leading growth and leading Joby's engagement with external content creators
- Work closely with our Creative Director and wider creative team to deliver assets that support the development of Joby's brand
- Work with product team to conduct user research, position products and define customer personas
- Manage our marketing budget and resources, including the selection and management of external agencies and partners
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve shared objectives
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years relevant experience in marketing and/or communications roles, including at least 5 years in B2C companies
- Experience working directly with people at all levels, including executive and C- suite level, both inside and outside of a company
- A history of working with startup or challenger brands, especially in the high-tech or transportation sector
- Deep and demonstrable expertise in one or more areas of the role
- Experience of working with small budgets to deliver outstanding results
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $121,700 - $196,100/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.