BETA seeks a motivated, process-oriented Material Handler to join our growing team. This position will focus on the use of a forklift, cart, and other material handling equipment to move materials between receiving/shipping, bulk storage, and production areas at our eVTOL aircraft manufacturing facility. Material Handlers will execute signals from the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to efficiently and accurately move materials between locations. In conjunction with material movement, Material Handlers will follow WMS and Team tasking to execute other activities in the warehouse and manufacturing spaces including cycle counting, kitting, space consolidation, and labeling. Material Handlers will work closely with Shipping/Receiving and Inventory team members to execute their duties. An ideal candidate for this role is goal-oriented, detail-focused, qualified to operate a forklift, with experience in inventory and logistics.
How You Will Contribute To Revolutionizing Electric Aviation
- Operate a forklift during the routine performance of duties.
- Unload, inspect, and stage inbound materials for receiving activities.
- Break down and decant inbound received materials for component bulk storage.
- Complete put-away transactions from staging to bulk storage locations.
- Replenish items for production activities by picking components from bulk storage to stage for kitting and production jobs.
- Execute kitting of components for delivery to production work centers.
- Move completed assemblies and finished goods from the production area to bulk storage.
- Pick items from bulk storage to stage for shipment to other BETA locations and customers.
- Load outbound items onto trucks for shipment.
- Ensure all items are labeled and accurately scan and transact all material movements via WMS handheld devices.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts and physical inventories as directed.
- Identify, physically segregate, and transact inventory status for damaged materials.
- Maintain a clean work environment, and comply with safety requirements.
- Conduct inspection and routine maintenance on assigned material handling equipment.
- Perform area housekeeping and organization activities to maintain a 5S compliant environment.
- Recognize waste streams and minimize use of packaging materials to support BETA’s sustainability efforts.
- Comply with applicable regulations when handling hazardous materials.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and provide input on ways to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to work across multiple BETA sites if necessary.
- Contribute to our team effort by being good to work with and supporting the broader Logistics and Production Teams as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities)
- All around good person and fun to work with.
- Exposure to rapid manufacturing and preferably startup experience.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Forklift power lifting equipment experience.
- Previous work in a manufacturing environment with experience in aerospace, automotive, or a startup preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle setbacks, and find solutions.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use judgment to make decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, but function as a team player.
- Experience with ERP systems (PLEX, Oracle, SAP etc).
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite including Drive, Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment using OSHA required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time and lift 75 pounds.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.