Working as part of the R&D team, and reporting to the Mechanical Design Lead, the Mechanical Design Specialist will be responsible for leading specific/specialised mechanical design tasks including
- Leading small focussed multidisciplinary teams to solve specific engineering tasks
- Producing high quality designs in Catia to recognized industry standards and practices
- Liaising with other departments to ensure the design is cost effective, compliant and readily manufactured
- preparing documents like design definition documents, compliance demonstration documents (calculations, simulation reports, Bills of Materials (BOMs) and material selection data;
- developing associated test plans
- building prototypes where defined
- confirms by signing of the document that the document was prepared with best engineering practice, utmost care and to best knowledge of all facts affecting its contents and is completed.
- Support all levels of verification from proof-of-concept through integration and qualification testing
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs for performance, safety, and reliability. Ensures complete and comprehensive coverage of requirements in the test campaign.
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
Desired Skills and Experience
The minimum requirements to be eligible for Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Basic knowledge of the relevant Certification Specification requirements;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in aerospace mechanical design role
- Demonstrated engineering acumen in a broad range of mechanical disciplines.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and materials selection
- Microsoft software suite applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
- Experience in the use of Catia and the PLM modules of the 3DX tool
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
Specifically the following internal training courses should be completed
- EASA Part 21 Basics
- Design Organisation Handbook
- Introduction to EASA (Part 21
- Relevant CS training (TBD)
Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we are developing a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, unmanned and extremely fuel efficient. It can transport 350 KG over 2,500 KM for a cost that's at least 50% lower than other airplanes. It flies autonomously, can be monitored and managed remotely via satellite, and the whole system costs less than a sports car. This is the kind of technology that can transform whole economies.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
We are are starting with domestic air networks in Europe, Australia and UK and beyond with fleets of the Black Swan, taking advantage of the multitude of small airfields that are often unused, training local personnel as drone and logistics operators, and partnering with local industry to provide a valuable lifeline of getting goods in and out of small, remote, mountainous and/or island communities within hours at a cost that is often below even that of road transportation.
We believe that same-day shipping should be a human right, and our goal is to enable same-day deliveries for every single person on the planet at a cost that everyone everywhere can afford.