Swiss-based Dufour Aerospace is developing an eVTOL platform based on tilt-wing technology to make future manned and unmanned electric and hybrid electric aircraft a reality. Dufour’s prototypes have already flown many hundreds of flights – both manned and unmanned. The combination of VTOL operation, aircraft design and software development expertise puts Dufour Aerospace at the forefront of Advanced Air Mobility.
As a young start-up company, we are on the lookout for highly motivated and talented individuals who can help us grow and succeed. In order to develop, optimize and certify our products, Dufour require a motivated, practical and resourceful engineer to design and carry out mechanical testing programs.
Working location is Altstetten ZH and Dübendorf ZH with plans to move to Dübendorf permanently towards the end of the year
Responsibilities of the successful candidate for this role will include:
- Design of test programs, test rigs, specimens etc.
- Preparation of test plans
- Manufacture and preparation of test rigs and specimens
- Conduction of testing
- Preparation of test reports
- Test equipment calibration and maintenance
- Management of testing budgets
The types of mechanical tests will include:
- Composite material strength tests
- Full scale structural tests, in support of development and certification
- Mechanical hardware tests (e.g. actuators)
Your Educational Background:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering, materials science or related field
- Knowledge of materials test standards, practices, equipment and requirements
Your Hands-on Experience:
- Laboratory materials testing
- Full scale structural testing
- Strain gauge installation
- Mechanical design
- Workshop experience
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Practical and self-reliant
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We offer flexible working hours with the possibility to get individual tasks done from home. We fuel our employees with coffee, tea, and snacks and do our utmost to provide whatever enables them to perform their best. Everyone in the company is free to organize or participate in social lunch opportunities and events.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.