Altitude Angel is leading the world’s next transport revolution. Really? Yes, actually we are.
We’ve already designed ARROW®, the technology behind SKYWAY – which you may have read about here, here and here, which we’re deploying, with some of the UK’s most prestigious companies, to build the world’s first drone superhighway.
Aside from doing this amazingly awesome work, we’re the #1 in the world for digitisation of air traffic management: creating the next-generation cloud platforms which will help the aviation sector scale, economically, efficiently and, crucially, to deliver automation to a new classification of air users. How do you like those apples?
And, since 2014, we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent [I was paid in cash to write that] from the world of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platforms are now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee & burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
Drones are here to stay and we’re here to unlock the vast potential in them to transform lives and revolutionise businesses.
If you want to join us, play a crucial part in at the forefront of the aerial revolution, flex those creative muscles, have a voice which is listened to, and love coming to work every day, apply. If you want the dull, 9 to 5, then don’t.
About the role:
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Working in our ARROW/Skyway team, you will be responsible for helping to design and specify the network infrastructure supporting the world’s very first Drone Superhighway, starting out along a 265KM route in the UK and expanding rapidly both in the UK and abroad.
You will be exercising your knowledge of network and IP design, cyber-security, cellular and hardwired connections, routing, VPNs, and firewalls on a daily basis, both tactically and strategically, factoring in latency and QoS across various backhauls. You are passionate about designing for scalability, resilience, and performance.
- You will work on the design and implementation of the network infrastructure supporting the SKYWAY programme and ARROW technology.
- You will ensure that network infrastructure design meets the programme and technology objectives, including security, scalability, and performance.
- You will test, specification and supervision of the implementation programme, including remote administration, and maintenance.
- A positive, confident, and determined approach.
- An excellent communicator with a strong attention to detail.
- A highly organised multi-tasker with the ability to meet deadlines and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Comprehensive CISCO CCT Routing & Switching experience or equivalent demonstrable expertise
- Excellent, demonstrable knowledge of OSI layers 1-4.
- Significant knowledge of firewall concepts in one or more firewall stacks, such as OPNSense, pfSense, or Cisco, WatchGuard etc.
- In-depth knowledge of popular VPN protocols, including IPSEC and OpenVPN.
- Exceptional knowledge of IP routing, TCP, UDP and BGP.
- Bonus points for knowledge of mobile telecommunications APN.
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free access to mental health coaching
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Share Options
- Quarterly team socials