The Operations Manager leads teams from multiple skill areas to establish and manage the value chain content of a business objective. Broad area of responsibility. Plans, executes. Monitors and integrates the work of others. Integrates requirements, schedules, resources, facilities, budgets, etc. to accomplish work statement objectives. Manages employees from multiple skill areas performing activities within Define and/or Produce organizations. Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives principally focused on the overall value chain of the project or program. Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical and operational management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates the onsite team.
***Position will be based in Mojave, CA***
- Plan, organize, direct and run day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship with work-group and recruit, manage and develop organization staff.
- Collect and analyze data to optimize processes and output.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Address employees’ issues while keeping Human Resources in the loop for risk mitigation.
- Effective collaboration across work site that promotes drive for results and meeting production target.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, mechanical, industrial technology, or related discipline; or two years of related work experience for each year of education.
- 7-10+ years' experience working as an manager with accountability for people in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
- Knowledge of performance management and disciplinary procedures in a plant setting.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and proven track record for meeting manufacturing targets.
- Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Foster environment that is conductive to sustaining productive, professional, and respectful rapport among work team.
- Computer literacy with the ability to generate relative manufacturing reports.
- Understanding of industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Indepth knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Ability to transport objects up to 40 pounds as well as consistently stoop, crawl, bend, crouch, climb and kneel.
- Day shift with “on-call” status, and extended hours depending on needs of the business.
- Travel to other manufacturing sites as needed (onboarding).
Aurora Company Overview
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.