To help us achieve our vision, we are looking for a passionate and focused Painter. This role is responsible for painting of Swoop Aero’s fleet of next -generation autonomous aircraft assembly. This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the best engineering minds, and a high performing manufacturing team to create ground-breaking technology that has applications to support healthcare logistics networks right across the globe.
- Be a productive member of the Swoop Aero Production Team, manufacturing advanced autonomous aircraft and supporting technology products
- Perform high quality aircraft painting techniques, including precision masking, surface preparation, demasking, paint mixing and application of decals.
- Assist in the fabrication of high quality aircraft components using advanced manufacturing technologies such as PLA and Resin 3D printing
- Perform Quality Control assessments throughout painting process and support Quality Assurance activities for continuous improvement
- Work positively and proactively within the Production Team - actively engaging in our safety, process and quality culture
- Maintaining sufficient levels of paint supplies including consumables and raw materials
- Develop sustainable and reusable paint masking tools to lean out masking processes
What you will bring to the role:
- A strong passion for aircraft, drones and similar technologies!
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in teams, and undertake training as needed
- A rigorous attention to detail and focus on high quality is essential
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Hobbyist drone and/or robotics experience desirable
- Cert III in automotive finishing or Aircraft spray painting desirable
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to make a real difference and increase access to health care for millions across the globe
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work-from-home/office setup
- A collaborative and fun start up team
- Career propelling experience
About Swoop Aero:
Swoop Aero was founded to transform how the world moves by making access to the skies seamless. We were the first company globally to deliver a vaccine using a drone under a commercial contract, and since then, we've expanded globally, moving the needle on how healthcare is delivered for millions of people across the world.
Now we're aiming higher by deploying the newest infrastructure layer for society, one that will catalyse the next giant leap in how essential supplies and services are delivered; integrated drone logistics.
Whether it's medical transport, environmental monitoring, search and rescue, mapping, disaster response, or general transport, you can trust us to deliver. Everyone has the right to benefit from new technology, and at Swoop Aero we're excited because integrated drone logistics can be deployed equitably in low, middle, and high income countries alike.
Our core goal as a company is to provide an integrated logistics service to 100m people by the end of 2025, then scale it to 1b by 2030.