Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.
About You And The Role
Are you an experienced drone pilot who loves traveling, exploring new places and meeting new people? You’ll be spearheading our data collection operations, using a keen eye for finding tricky situations and edge cases for our perception systems. You will have to be able to operate independently, find priority data collection opportunities, triage technical issues, and continuously improve operational procedures for best results and safety.
What You'll Do
- Plan and coordinate data collections according to project priorities and requirement, building an intuition for how our sensors interact with various environments to get the most useful data
- Engage with different aviation communities, building relationships to enable data collection opportunities
- Manage day-to-day operations of the collections including logistics, resource/equipment planning, and reporting
- Triage operational or technical issues & make recommendations for how to alter processes based on observations
- Collaborate with team members on data validation, deriving key insights, coordination & task prioritization, and communicate updates about fixes/edits to tools & programs used for collection
- Serve as a conduit between operational and technical teams, identify data gaps, and update information in internal planning tools and platforms as necessary
- Maintain equipment and a safe operating environment
What You'll Bring
- FAA Part 107 Certification
- Experience flying quadcopter drones, preferably manually and in the field
- Lift 25lbs when needed
- Ability to travel 30% of the time, up to 1 week at a time
- Must be able to relocate to Half Moon Bay, CA
Candidates should have some familiarity and experience with the below technical skills
- Hands-on experience working in a Linux/macOS command line environment
- Patience and diligence to ensure clean and accurate data
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with ambiguous requirements in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing multiple competing projects with limited resources
- 1+ years of experience managing drone operations and equipment
- The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
What Else You Need to Know
The starting cash range for this role is $28 - $38 / hour. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; overtime pay; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!