As a Product Integration Engineer, you will work within our hardware team which focuses on designing, building and improving Skynode, Auterion's flagship product.
You will be responsible for the user experience of Skynode and improve it by testing, polishing and documenting the product. You own the user journey end-to-end from product development all the way to customer success. You will apply your engineering skills to translate user feedback to actionable product requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Have a huge Impact in bringing a drone product to market: Improving the user experience of Skynode directly impacts Auterion's adoption in the market.
- Put on our customer's shoes and use the products they would. Integrate Skynode onto a drone, go out and fly.
- Improve the UX of Skynode towards the goal of having easy-to-use, robust and reliable end-to-end product
- Triage feedback from our partners and our sales team and help translate that into solution for our stack
- Work with our software teams to identify and resolve software issues across the platform, from Auterion Mission Control down to the onboard Linux computer (Skynode)
- Take ownership in resolving UX issues support our software team by contributing fixes to our code base
- Participate In Development Planning And Prioritization
Qualifications and Skills:
- A product-oriented mindset and energy to tackle any problem that might arise in order to release a great product. You are excited to help make an impact and love to work independently
- You like to be out in the field and experience the product first-hand
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields.
- Know your way around in Linux, MacOS or Windows
- Knowledge in Python, familiarity with C++ is a plus
- Experience with Qt/QML framework is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills rounded by a high level of creativity
- Familiar With Networking Protocols, MAVLink is a plus
- Communicative personality. We have a flat and open communication culture. You Will collaborate across teams within Auterion and with the partners engineering team
- Bonus: Software Engineering experience working with QGC and PX4 ecosystem
- Bonus: you like to fly drones!
- EU|Schengen citizenship and/or hold a valid working permit
- Flexible working hours & hybrid workplace
- Stock Options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Car parking
- Company car for private use (Switzerland only)
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flyday Friday - Fly a drone (1/x month)
- Regular team social
- Snacks & Drinks
At Auterion we care about providing enterprise with an ecosystem of software-defined drones, payloads, and third party applications within a single easy to use platform based on open-source standards.
We're leaders in an open-source movement bigger than ourselves and we've been on the same mission for over a decade, since our co-founder Lorenz Meier created Pixhawk, MAVLink, QGC, and PX4 (the world's most widely used open-source drone autopilot operating system).
Our mission is to be the drone platform of choice for enterprise, government, and drone manufacturers while accelerating the drone industry by driving forward open standards to create a common, future-proof roadmap in a thriving, open ecosystem of buyers and vendors.
At Auterion, we bring together the sharpest minds who love to solve the hardest problems. Join a vibrant team built on innovation, openness, and excellence, where you'll be empowered to develop ideas, collaborate across all levels, and make an impact that matters.
At Auterion, we build the future of drones and autonomous robots. Our Zurich-based core engineering team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future drone products. We further have 2 offices in the USA and Germany and several remote working talents developing an open source based software platform, connecting multiple drone, camera and other sensor OEMs with enterprise and government users and third party data processing providers.