In the role of the Product Tester you will be responsible to execute testing activities with other team members and tightly collaborate with our engineering team for Hardware, Software and QA. The test cycles include firmware, mobile drone ground control software (Android), desktop software (Windows/Mac/Linux), electronics and mechanical hardware on the drone and its accessories. If you have a high quality awareness and enjoy working with different teams whilst not hesitating to get your hands dirty - literally - you are the perfect fit!
- Conduct internal validation testing campaigns. This includes Wingtra drone field testing as well as manual in-office testing
- Ensure proper execution of precisely defined testing protocol, incl. the reporting of findings like bugs and incidents. Provide clear feedback to engineering teams, moderating investigations and tracking testing coverage and progress
- Proactively seek to exercise possible user workflows and explore how they map onto the current usability of the product
- Process flight data using photogrammetry software and ensure workflow sanity
- Execute the logistics to simultaneously test in multiple locations. You will manage drones, accessories, spare parts, batteries as well as flight locations and testing operators
- Onboarding and guidance of additional employees working for product testing
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Able to keep an overview over many different running tasks, and deal with a quickly changing environment
- Thorough and independent work style with very high quality awareness
- Good social and communication skills in English (verbally and orally B2 or better)
- Drivers licence or permission to drive in Switzerland
- Enjoy working outdoors all year around
- Strong drive to solve any problems, from potential issues with SW tools to cars stuck in the mud 🙂
- Experience in product testing and QA of software and/or hardware products
- Further education or certification in quality management, e.g. ISTQB or similar
- Hands-on experience in testing UAVs / drones
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scaleup with a global and international team of 140+ dedicated Wingtranauts who want to see their actions have a positive and lasting impact on the world. Founded more than 7 years ago at ETH Zurich, Europe’s leading robotics university, our goal is to build the best aerial robots to digitize the world at the push of a button and set the basis for faster and better decisions. Wingtra provides efficient and reliable data solutions to a variety of industries ranging from mining, construction and agriculture to humanitarian organizations, environmentalists and wildlife monitoring groups.We are reaching for the stars and together we might just get there. Open communication, asking hard questions and valuing diverse viewpoints are but a few things that will help us achieve our goals. Above all we will never stop learning and striving to help each other reach our maximum potential.We take the reliability of our product and our customer experience very seriously. Our internal Quality Assurance department tests all the functionalities of our products around the clock, to ensure we are achieving our reliability goals.