Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate NPI technician to join our powertrain team and help build flight-critical components for our VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. Come help us build advanced electrical powertrains as we try to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Assembly in manufacturing lines.
- Able to follow instruction and critical thinker within a production environment.
- Assemble hardware for use on test stands and aircraft components while maintaining associated documentation. This will involve mechanical assembly of parts and sub-systems, etc.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain high standards of work.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team oriented attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability.
- Previous experience in manufacturing or line associate.
- Experience with industrial environments and procedures.
- Experience working on high voltage systems and/or complex electromechanical systems.
- Experience writing and following work instructions.
- Proficiency with machining, welding, and overall mechanical craftsmanship a plus.
- Experience in basic wiring and diagnostics.
- Experience with mechanical component assembly and systems integration of mechanical systems.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $20-$25/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer