Join the Wingtra team and become part of this venture-backed robotics scaleup with a global and international team of 140+ dedicated Wingtranauts who want to see their actions have a positive and lasting impact on the world. Founded more than 7 years ago at ETH Zurich, Europe’s leading robotics university, our goal is to build the best aerial robots to digitize the world at the push of a button and set the basis for faster and better decisions. Wingtra provides efficient and reliable data solutions to a variety of industries ranging from mining, construction and agriculture to humanitarian organizations, environmentalists and wildlife monitoring groups.
We are reaching for the stars and together we might just get there. Open communication, asking hard questions and valuing diverse viewpoints are but a few things that will help us achieve our goals. Above all we will never stop learning and striving to help each other reach our maximum potential.
In this role you will be part of the Supply Chain Team, in which you will contribute to project development with the leading of sourcing in close cooperation with R&D, proposing the best technical solution with new &/or existing suppliers to answer Wingtra’s future needs.
- Lead supply chain activities for Wingtra’s New Product Introduction (NPI) workstream, from supplier identification and benchmark analysis through to negotiation, contracting and series production launch
- Progress the roll out of a robust supplier auditing mechanism alongside the Supply Chain Manager
- Drive the creation of sourcing strategies to proactively identify and manage opportunities & risks to supply
- Support the close interface coordination and relationship between key stakeholders, e.g. Suppliers, R&D, Industrialisation, Production & Product Management
- Aid Wingtra’s supplier/technology development by organising workshops to encourage a design to cost approach, helping further your colleagues’ understanding about opportunities & constraints of the technologies identified
- Ensure reliable information related to the scope of work within Wingtra’s ERP
- Propose & oversee implementation of NPI process improvements
- Report your output / the project statuses to the Supply Chain Manager on a regular basis and efficiently escalate where necessary
- 8+ years of relevant Project Buying &/or Technical Purchasing experience
- Knowledge of value stReam setup & key drivers such as price, availability, quantity etc
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, internally towards stakeholders and externally towards Wingtra’s partners & suppliers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team
- Solution-oriented mindset, whilst able to adapt with flexibility towards changing priorities
- Excellent English language ability (C1)
- Degree in disciplines such as economics, engineering, business administration or supply chain management
- Experience with specific technologies including consumer and custom electronics, lightweight structures, injection moulding and packaging solutions
- Experience with ERP systems (specifically Odoo)
- Experience in similar industries (e.g. drones, robotics, aerospace) or markets (scale up, photogrammetry)
- Experience working within a multicultural company
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Broad language skill set
If you enjoy teamwork more than being the individual superhero, and if you thrive in a feedback-driven culture and an exciting, unconventional yet structured and progressive start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.