We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to join our team in Dallas, Texas, as we set up and launch our first US drone delivery operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the setup and day-to-day running of the operation, acting as the main point of contact on the ground in Dallas. This role will involve coordinating with the property management company, potential merchants, and contractors, and overseeing a team of drone operators and support personnel. It will also involve overseeing the marketing of the service (online and offline) to the local community that will be utilising the drone delivery service. You will have the full support of the Flight & Business Operations function from our Head Office in Dublin, Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in operations management, preferably in the drone, logistics, or delivery industry. During the early stages you will be required to travel to Dublin, Ireland for your onboarding and to spend some time embedded with our Operations teams.
- Manage and oversee the setup of the drone delivery operation in Dallas, including securing suitable infrastructure and facilities and getting the drone operational base ready for use
- Coordinate with the property management company, local municipalities and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and permits.
- Build and maintain relationships with potential merchants, partners, and stakeholders in the Dallas area.
- Manage contracts and agreements with local suppliers, contractors, and service providers.
- Ensure the operation layout will allow us to remain within the parameters of our Part 107 and to remain compliant with our Operations Manual.
- Plan for the launch of the service to the local community, including educational show-and-tell sessions, promotional activities etc
- Manage the team of drone operators and support personnel and ensure a smooth transition for staff arriving from Ireland.
- Oversee the day-to-day drone delivery operation, ensuring safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and report progress to the Head Office in Ireland regularly.
- Collaborate with the Head Office in Ireland to address any challenges or areas for improvement during the operational period.
- Ensure proper maintenance and inspection of drones and related equipment, coordinating with local suppliers as needed.
- Act as the main point of contact for visits from priority 3rd parties, such as the FAA or potential investors.
- Handle local media engagements as necessary
- Ensure that there is sufficient demand from customers on days that the service is operating
- Procure goods for delivery as necessary
Post-Operation Wrap Up
- Coordinate the wrap-up of the temporary drone delivery operation, including equipment storage, facility closure, and team demobilization.
- Conduct a post-operation evaluation, identifying areas of improvement and lessons learned for potential future operations in Dallas or other locations.
- Provide a comprehensive report to the Head Office in Ireland detailing the outcomes, challenges, and successes of the temporary drone delivery operation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10y in project management or similar roles
- Sefl-starter with extremely strong attention to detail and ability to track, report, and execute against issues needing resolution independently
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft tools, Slack, and other cloud-based productivity apps
- Part 107 UAS Pilot License
- Manned aviation experience
At Manna, our mission is to improve the world by making high-speed suburban deliveries affordable, green, and safe. We design and build our own aviation-grade drones to deliver food and other items directly from restaurants, centralized kitchens, and local stores to consumers’ homes. With a widely dispersed workforce across many sites, you will be joining a company with an excellent culture for collaboration, lots of learning, and even more fun!