Do you want to deep dive in the fast-growing industry of drones and get a rewarding experience within a dynamic start-up environment?
At Flyability, we believe that robots should be sent in hazardous places and dangerous situations instead of putting humans in danger. To support our belief, we created Elios UAV series, the world's first collision-tolerant flying robot that for the first time allows entry to complex and indoor spaces. With more than 100 employees, Flyability is today the leading company in the UAV indoor inspection industry. Joining Flyability is not just taking on a new job, it is seizing the opportunity to improve the life of millions of people and build the future of robotics.
To complete our creative and dynamic team in Lausanne, we are seeking a
R&D Project Manager
Starting date: As soon as possible
If you have experience in project management for hardware/software products, if you are ready to get out of your comfort zone, to be challenged, and solve hard problems, then we would like to hear from you!
In this position, you will join us in redefining UAV boundaries and bring drones indoors, in complex and confined spaces, and in contact with people. Together we will shape the future of the drone market through innovation and commercialization of novel products improving how people work.
For this full-time and permanent position in the R&D department, you'll work on the improvement and development of Flyability's products. Working in close collaboration with R&D, marketing & sales, operations and legal team, your role will be to transform objectives into actionable project plans and make sure that they are accomplished in time, on budget and within specification.
What you will own:
- Building the project plan (scope, timeline, budget) with the cross-functional team members, getting review + approval from the stakeholders before starting significant investments
- Structuring and leading the project team toward common goals; creating safe spaces for each to share impediments and risks
- Monitoring the execution (achievements/investments, actual versus forecast), giving support to the project team, removing impediments, revising the plan based on updated/new inputs and communicating to Stakeholders
- Participating in the system validation (lab and field testing, system bug monitoring and investigation...)
- Facilitating project team collaboration and communication, within the project and towards external stakeholders
- Managing risks throughout the project
- 6+ years experience in R&D, 3+ years with a project management role
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, project management certifications an asset
- Technical systems knowledge related to electronics, mechanical assemblies and/or softwares. Robotics knowledge an asset
- Rigorous, pragmatic, hands-on, fact-based and solution-focused approach
- Cross-functional team player, capacity to understand the big picture, see problems from different perspectives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence others
- Professional spoken and written English, French an asset
Flyability is a young Swiss company that values autonomy and thorough leadership. Every day, you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and contribute to solving challenging problems. We all work together, and each voice is important to move forward.
Ready to join?