The Regional General Manager, Australia will own the P&L for Dronamics business in Australia, as well as being accountable for the safe and efficient running of its cargo airline operations and droneports. Reporting to the COO, they will lead our team of aviation experts in this region, ensuring that the internal team works seamlessly with local partners to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction, experience and loyalty.
- Lead the start-up and launch of Australia's regional business plan and local civil aviation regulatory approvals. This will require the Regional General Manager, Australia to design and implement a market launch strategy and plan that is aligned with company plans, as well as, building a scalable organization structure and recruiting a high caliber and agile team, with deep expertise in the Aviation and Cargo industries.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the regional teams, such as Operations, Marketing and Business Development, Engineering, Flight Crew and back office staff, as well as matrix managing representatives of the Group functions.
- Manage and maintain the risk register to ensure that all activities covered under the devolved regulated approvals of Dronamics Ltd are conducted within the compliance standards set by that authority.
- Achieve the P&L targets for the region.
- Manage vendor relationships and partnerships so that the Dronamics business units operate smoothly and with maximum profitability.
- Produce and review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to provide updates to the Group as requested.
- Analyze business performance to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with the COO and senior leadership members as necessary.
- Monitor the “Customer Experience” to ensure that the staff efficiently and effectively provide the appropriate standard of services to the clients whilst staying within budgetary limits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A business professional with at least 15 years of senior management level experience within aviation or contracts logistics.
- Previous experience as an airline / contract logistics COO, a post-holder or Accountable Manager would be an advantage.
- Ideally, a deep knowledge and thorough experience in the operational areas, including flight and ground operations, maintenance, safety and operations management.
- Increasing levels of responsibility in an operational area or multiple operational areas of a well-respected airline or aviation organization with a preference for senior level LCC airline and/or international airline experience.
- Outstanding leadership experience, resulting in an excellent ability to communicate and direct a large operational organization.
- Well-known and respected reputation within the Aviation or Contracts Logistics industries.
- Proven success leading an Operational unit through a collaborative, unifying approach that builds on teamwork and dedication to Company goals and principles.
- A degree in an Operational, Aviation, Engineering, Business and/or Private Pilot's License or a related field would be beneficial.
- The candidate must be able to legally live and work in Australia.
Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize airfreight and lower the cost of shipping in emerging markets. To achieve this, we are developing a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, unmanned and extremely fuel efficient. It can transport 350 KG over 2,500 KM for a cost that's at least 50% lower than other airplanes. It flies autonomously, can be monitored and managed remotely via satellite, and the whole system costs less than a sports car. This is the kind of technology that can transform whole economies.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
We are starting with domestic air networks in Australia with fleet of the Black Swan, taking advantage of the multitude of small airfields that are often unused, training local personnel as drone and logistics operators, and partnering with local industry to provide a valuable lifeline of getting goods in and out of small, remote, mountainous and/or island communities within hours at a cost that is often below even that of road transportation.
We believe that same-day shipping should be a human right, and our goal is to enable same-day deliveries for every single person on the planet at a cost that everyone everywhere can afford.