At Aurora Flight Sciences, we design, build, and fly advanced aircraft and enabling technologies. We are searching for a talented and self-motivated Senior Quality Manager to help us advance the future of flight. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ownership of the Quality Management System (QMS) for the Aurora Mississippi site.
- Plans and implements activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing processes, materials, and products. Set up clear metrics for success to drive quality improvements.
- Cost of Poor-Quality management and continuous improvement (e.g. scrap costs)
- Manages the quality function at AMS using data and analytics to develop winning strategies.
- Achieve and/or sustain necessary 3rd party process certifications and continuously drive improvements in product quality with emphasis on being proactive.
- Lead problem solving Kaizen events.
- Manages staff performing multiple functions inclusive of quality inspection, MRB engineering, Quality Program Management and Quality engineering.
- Prepare and present periodic Management Reviews of the Quality Systems to senior management.
- Reviews production work orders to assure sufficient quality assurance provisions are included therein.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with business leaders, program managers, peers, team members, and customers.100% on-time delivery of high-quality performance appraisals.
- Supports fluctuating business needs (B&P, RFQs, etc.) as necessary.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields such as chemical, electrical, and mechanical.
- Devises process audit and product inspection procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and leads the root cause and corrective action process.
- Ensure follow up and closure of preventive and corrective action request as well as verification of effectiveness.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality assurance and control activities.
- Ensuring that documentation and design/process controls are appropriate and effective for organization.
- Leadership ability.
- Requires a B.S. degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of six (6) years experience in Quality and Engineering or Quality and Operations or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, AS9100, or IATF-16949 requirements and associated QMS administration.
- Direct Aviation/Aerospace operations experience.
- Ability to analyze and understand all aspects of the operation and use motivational skills to drive improvement; attention to detail required.
- Expert knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Quality Improvement Models, Problem Identification Techniques, Quality Improvement Tools, Group Problem -Solving Techniques and awareness of internal and external customers.
- Must possess oral presentation skills, oral and written communication skills, group facilitation skills, conflict management skills and training skills.
- Must have experience and abilities in managing ISO9001:2015 auditing systems and developing improvement plans.
- Required experience in MRB, CAPA, APQP, GD&T, DOE, SPC, PPAP/FAI, PFMEA's, 8D/7D, Process Flow, and/or Control Plans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Access.
- ASQ CQA, CQE or CQM certifications.
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications.
- AS9100 First Article Inspection process.
- Minitab or equivalent statistical analysis tools experience.
- Visual Enterprise/Visual Quality experience.
- Composite aircraft manufacturing experience in SAP Enterprise.
- ISO/AS Auditor Certification.
- Able to work in a manufacturing environment and follow Boeing regulations for lifting.
- Work onsite in Columbus, MS.
Salary Range (Annualized USD)
- Minimum Range: $103,000.00 to $184,000.00
- Maximum Range: $ to $
Aurora Company Overview
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Aurora Total Rewards
At Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. Aurora Flight Sciences provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location and date of hire. Please note that the salary information shown is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.