We’re the leading drone software provider making commercial drone data accessible to anyone, anywhere. Trusted by users across various industries, we’re transforming how businesses collect, manage, and analyze worksite data. Our user-friendly platform makes it possible for companies of any size to improve their workflows through scalable image processing, data storage, and real-time sharable drone maps and 3D models.
We are committed to a global work environment that empowers people to innovate, grow professionally, and make meaningful impacts. We’re recognized as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and made the Top 200 list of America’s Best Startups. Our employees are creative, driven, and committed to providing our customers with the best drone software in the industry. Our office locations include San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand.
We’re hiring an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our DevOps team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for our cloud infrastructure and have the opportunity to take ownership of our platform’s reliability. This role can be worked remotely or in our Auckland, NZ office .
- Have a mind for simplifying unnecessary complexity
- Empathize with the people who use the systems we build
- Excel at critical thinking and adapt to new situations
- Anticipate future problems, without over-engineering the present
- Share your expertise with others, but never stop learning new things
- Experience solving difficult problems with a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python) in a Linux environment
- Experience writing and maintaining software applications (not just scripts), especially with Python and Golang
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (specifically Kubernetes)
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Able to work 9:00-6:00 pm NZST, Monday - Friday, as well as on-call for emergencies
- Able to work 100% remote, and/or in our Auckland NZ office
- Available to travel domestically and internationally occasionally for work-related events
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location & country)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal-opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.