As a Senior Technical Support Specialist, you will work in a small team of high-performing individuals who provide drone and cloud feature deep diagnostics and advisory services to Skydio’s growing Federal and Enterprise customers. You’ll combine your relevant experience with hands-on Skydio product knowledge to help keep Skydio customers' pilots flying, and our engineering and marketing teams plugged into the customer experience.
You’ll work daily with hardware and software components that may involve on-device firmware troubleshooting, mission usage / configuration optimization, and 1st / 3rd party cloud network issue diagnostics. Utilizing log analysis, existing incident tickets and internal documentations, you will use your technical troubleshooting skills to determine the root cause of various flight issues, provide mitigation recommendations to customers, and collaborate with product teams to achieve issue resolutions.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Be the conduit between Skydio and our Federal customers with the ability to address all advanced technical support questions our customers may have in a timely manner.
- Working with the Product Support Engineering (PSE) team to communicate and elevate the customers “voice” to internal stakeholders and prioritize and understand development timelines.
- Develop effective triage and resolution techniques to reduce the number of technical escalations into Product and Engineering teams.
- Be a domain expert on Skydio products and subsystems down to the component level, and proactively seek clarity with internal stakeholders when you need additional insight or clarity.
- Work closely with the Fed Customer Success and Field Service Representatives to provide priority response playbooks and after-action reporting (AAR) to our Federal customer base.
- Own the Federal segment of our enterprise after-sales support engagements, working closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams to deliver top-quality support for our customers, and build support processes that are relevant to these verticals.
- Be flexible: Willing and enthusiastic to work on multiple projects, both tactical and strategic as needed.
What Makes You a Good Fit
- Military experience and/or UAS/UAV background is a plus. Experience with military standard maintenance practices is preferred.
- Proficient in technical troubleshooting, problem-solving and familiar with triage and escalation workflows. A strong desire to learn new skills and grow with Skydio and the rapidly evolving UAS remote operations landscape.
- Assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with RMA, spares, logistics or other repair workflows is a plus.
- Value Added Reseller (VAR) or OEM Partner support Ops/Program experience is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience using the Linux/Windows/macOS shell and basic utilities.
- At least 4 years of experience in B2B operational, technical, or customer-facing success or support roles.
- Assertive self-starter with great interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Zendesk customer service software, Jira bug tracking, Netsuite and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PHP, Python a plus.
- Strong understanding of Network Security and IPsec implemented across multiple networks.
- Excellent knowledge and experience supporting/troubleshooting IoT or enterprise applications using streaming and packet networks and streaming APIs (e.g WebRTC and REST). Demonstrated Expertise in troubleshooting and optimizing network connected devices running over WiFi meshed and carrier mobile network.
- Experience with optimizing media streaming over mixed wireless networks.
- Some experience in Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of Network diagnostic tools.
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Hindi
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the working year.
- Willing to work flexible hours and schedule, including after-hours and weekend support on rotation or as-needed basis, while communicating with the other distributed Skydio teams.
- Experience working cross-functionally across engineering, ops, product, and go-to-market teams.
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is ₹1,488,350- ₹1,751,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
- For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/