In this role you will be working within the tech team to improve the user experience, design new features, and add a dimension of awesomeness to our product’s visual design. Your nearest team will consist of a product owner and a visual designer, but you will work with the entire company to understand their pain points and struggles to offer solutions in the crowddroning app. You will also interact with our awesome platform engineers that will guide you in what is technically possible and what isn't, and translate your design into code.
You will use your creative mindset and your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce elegantly simple and modern UX experiences and designs. You'll be expected to push the boundaries of what's possible in a web app, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and simplicity. Unleash your potential and shape our product with your creativity and imagination.
- Completely own overall end-to-end user experience - from the big picture (owning the overall user experience and consistency across an entire product) down to specifics of UI layout for a feature or service flow
- You have a holistic view of the entire customer journey, and through this you can find the most effective ways of improving the end-to-end product experience
- Translating business priorities into research questions and design insights
- You will have a critical eye and improve our product where you think it can be better
- You can visualize and create user experiences that are both effective and simultaneously emotionally satisfying
- Deliver engaging, usable, effective designs across our digital touch points for all phases of UI and interactive design work from concept to life.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and paper prototypes to communicate your design to the rest of the team
- Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts as well as help us drive and grow our UX/UI practice in the company.
- Work, improve, and expand GLOBHE's brand guidelines
- Maintain and update regularly the product documentation
- Fluent English is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a UX/UI designer
- You have a background in digital design, graphic design, or a demonstrated experience in UX/UI design
- You have experience with user research and translating insights from research to your designs.
- You are a strong team player and have experience in working in cross-functional teams. You thrive in collaborative situations and have a black belt in communication
- You are self-organising in the tasks you are handling, and know when to involve colleagues and stakeholders as needed
- You are not afraid to ask for help and support should you need it
- You can work well under pressure and can easily switch focus between tasks. As a startup, our focus and tasks can quickly change.
- Experience with both browser and mobile app design.
- You know your design tools like the back of your hand (especially Adobe XD)
- Cultural awareness and love to work in a multicultural environment.
- You have a passion about sustainability and really want to save people’s lives, through technology.
The following are not requirements but a big plus
- Knowledge of drones
- Knowledge and interest in geospatial data
- Passionate about sustainability
- Worked with a scaleup/startup
- Experience in accessible/inclusive design
- A knowledge of UX writing
- GLOBHE's office is in Epicenter Stockholm. Our work location model is hybrid. If you are in Stockholm, you will be expected to be in the office at least a couple of days per week.
- The salary range is between 35,000 SEK and 45,000 SEK depending on the experience.
We care more. About data and drones. About impactful actions. And about the planet we call home.
At GLOBHE, we provide accurate and actionable drone data from anywhere int he world, accessed through one single platform. Our focus is on making the user experience as easy and straightforward as possible.
To fight climate change we need to take well informed decisions based on accurate data. Today, satellites are expensive, very polluting, and cannot provide the high resolution imagery that is essential to see the changes in the world around us. GLOBHE is solving this problem by delivering very high resolution earth observation data with drones, and thus becoming the first company to offer an alternative to satellite data, globally and at scale. Our product is a SaaS platform called Crowddroning that is sending drones globally through our crowd of local drone operators collecting high-resolution data, helping businesses, organizations and researchers understand the world and take action.