DroneSense is looking for a QA Engineer to help us test our drone software platform to ensure we push out the highest quality releases for first responders. We are growing rapidly as more firefighters and first responders use DroneSense to save lives; we need your help to scale and grow.
What would I be doing?
- Working in a team to plan, test and certify our software for release.
- Create test cases and execute test plans for our iOS, Android and Web apps
- Fly drones to verify requirements are being met
- Write detailed defect tickets with relevant information to reproduce
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the engineering team
Would I be a good match for this position?
- You enjoy exploring new functionality to find potential bugs and edge cases, while assessing risk in changes to ensure the highest possible test coverage. Overall you are a troubleshooter - you don't just say it doesn't work - you find out why it doesn't work.
- 2+ years experience testing mobile or web-based software in an agile environment
- Experience dealing with varying levels of firmware, software and networking in testing
- Ability to switch gears between products depending on testing needs
- Experience or eagerness to get outside and fly drones
- Excited about working with drones, robotics and first responders
- Willingness to collaborate with design, product management, and other teams
- Central Texas location preferred.
What We Offer.
We make sure we pay a competitive base pay and company stock options. We also offer flexible time off, a 401k plan, and multiple medical insurance plans so you can choose the best option for your situation. Additionally, we provide dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, short term disability and long term disability coverage. We are a fully remote company so you can work from home as much as you like! AND, when you join us, we help you obtain your Part 107 UA license
DroneSense currently operates in Texas, Washington, Virginia, Georgia, Illinois, Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Minnesota and Connecticut. Candidates from those states, or willing to relocate to those states, will be given preference.