Wing is looking for a Backend Engineering Lead to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you’ll collaborate to architect, design and implement our API services. You will be part of a core development team working alongside frontend engineers and product managers. Your day may involve brainstorming new features, delivering on defined roadmaps, or hustling to meet customer expectations. Your work will be touched by real users as Wing launches unique airspace and delivery products to the public.
Wing’s UTM products and services are deployed across different business verticals and geographies; in a multitude of form factors for first and third party clients.
As a Backend Engineering Lead, you’ll lead a diverse team of passionate individuals aspiring to make drone delivery an accessible reality for the world. Our engineers establish best practices to enable rapid iteration of resilient software products and enable company goals of scale, efficiency, and profitability.
The team covers a wide variety of domains, so if you're excited about building systems that will be used by real-world customers, developing scalable backend services, implementing features for Drone Pilots around the world, or enjoy working with large-scale technical infrastructure, come join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement cloud-based software applications
- Usher the software you build through requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and production deployment
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams across Wing to tackle novel challenges in a growing field
- Work on cross-disciplinary problems such as ensuring safe and legal delivery flights and integration with federated Unmanned Traffic Management systems
- Further develop your software development skills, learn about drone aviation, and work with a supportive, growth-oriented team
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing and maintaining production systems deployed to the cloud
- Experience building large scale front end web applications
- Experience working in C++ and Python
- Experience with Angular
- Experience in highly regulated environments, such as aerospace or healthcare
- Passion for Aviation and Drone technologies
The US base salary range for this full-time position is the salary range below + bonus + equity + benefits. Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.
$157,000 — $235,000 USD
Wing offers drone delivery as a safe, fast, and sustainable solution for last mile logistics. Consumer appetites for on-demand services are increasing, but current delivery methods are inefficient, costly, and contribute to road accidents and air pollution. Wing’s fleet of autonomous delivery drones can transport small packages directly from businesses to homes on-demand, in minutes. We design, build, and operate our aircraft, and offer drone delivery services on three continents. Our technology is designed to be easy to integrate into existing delivery and logistics networks, offering a scalable drone delivery solution for a broad range of businesses. Wing is a part of Google's parent company, Alphabet, and our mission is to create the preferred means of delivery for the planet. To do this, we must build a workforce that's representative of the global communities that we serve. If you're ready to do the greatest work of your life, come join us.