As a Solutions Engineer at Auterion Government Solutions, you will work across our full technology stack – implementing it in new systems, and further developing it for our government customers. You will work directly with our engineering, program management, and sales teams, as well as directly with our government customers.
One day you will be doing an integration on a new robotic system, another day you will be using your understanding of government customer requirements to develop and test a new feature alongside the core engineering teams. You will also focus on driving a coherent system architecture across the government and enterprise sides of the business. As required, you may lead a technical demo of our products to our government customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Integrate new robotic systems, to include mechanical and electrical integration, as well as flight testing and tuning.
- Become a subject-matter-expert on Auterion hardware and software, including PX4, AuterionOS, Auterion Mission Control, and Auterion Suite.
- Use this in-depth knowledge of our solutions to answer technical questions in both sales and support contexts.
- Work with the broader engineering and program management teams to define and implement customer requirements.
- Directly contribute code, developing new applications and enhancing existing software (ground control applications and also embedded systems).
- Assist with customer demos when they are technically complex or involve new technologies.
- Work closely with the director of sales engineering and a program manager to structure and execute engineering work on robotics related projects and support with government customer communication when needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have a BS or MSc in a relevant engineering field (robotics, computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or similar).
- Have experience designing, building, testing, and tuning drones or other robotic systems.
- Have knowledge of PX4 and Linux.
- Software engineering expertise (Qt and C++ valued).
- Have in-depth knowledge of computer networking.
- Have in-depth knowledge of ATAK and other government-focused software.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working on government and defense robotics projects, particularly in UAS.
- US Citizen and are eligible to receive a SECRET or above security clearance.
- Flexible working hours & hybrid workplace
- Stock Options
- Generous holiday & PTO allowance
- Health Insurance (includes dental & vision)
- Medical flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan - 401k
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flyday Friday - Fly a drone (1/x month)
- Regular team socials
At Auterion we care about providing enterprise with an ecosystem of software-defined drones, payloads, and third party applications within a single easy to use platform based on open-source standards.
We’re leaders in an open-source movement bigger than ourselves and we’ve been on the same mission for over a decade, since our co-founder Lorenz Meier created Pixhawk, MAVLink, QGC, and PX4 (the world’s most widely used open-source drone autopilot operating system).
Our mission is to be the drone platform of choice for enterprise, government, and drone manufacturers while accelerating the drone industry by driving forward open standards to create a common, future-proof roadmap in a thriving, open ecosystem of buyers and vendors.
At Auterion, we bring together the sharpest minds who love to solve the hardest problems. Join a vibrant team built on innovation, openness, and excellence, where you’ll be empowered to develop ideas, collaborate across all levels, and make an impact that matters.