Matternet is a leading technology company in the field of autonomous aerial vehicles, specializing in the development and operation of drone delivery systems for transporting goods in urban and suburban areas. We're working to create a more connected world by revolutionizing the way goods move, enabling faster, safer, and more efficient transportation.
Matternet is looking for a passionate and motivated Test Flight Technician to join Matternet’s Flight Testing Team. You will report directly to our Head of Flight Test in order to push the limits of our prototypes and certify our production assets for the field. You will primarily work out of our Flight Test Facility located in the Bay Area to put as many hours and tests on our current and future vehicles as possible. This is a mission-critical role as it is the last step of production or in-development UAVs to establish their airworthiness and the first step in our field operations.
If you love the idea of spending the day outside and putting as much flight time on our vehicles as possible, this is for you.
- Conduct flight operations at the Matternet test site
- Perform UAS Flight Test Protocol
- Develop, execute, and review Flight Test Plans and Test Cards
- Record discrepancies to drive Product Quality Improvement Projects
- Use technical memos, reports, and presentations to communicate results and recommendations to cross-functional teams (Business, Design, Engineering, and Operations)
- Participate in root cause analysis and post-test data reviews
- Provide real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Some domestic and international travel may be required to other Matternet sites or for flight tests and demonstrations.
- Expert in Aeronautical Decision Making
- Experience in test planning, readiness reviews, and/or safety briefings.
- A diligent nature in following safety procedures. This role validates UAVs which will fly over people and are therefore required to possess a high degree of reliability.
- Good technical understanding of quad-copter basics and problem-solving skills required for accurate reporting of issues as well as resolving elementary blockers.
- Ability and willingness to work at a semi-remote test site either alone or in a small team
- Willingness to conduct work that is not directly flight operations related but in support of operations such as visual observer duties or maintenance of the test facility.
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience executing test plans in highly controlled environments
- Current FAA Part 107 certification
- Familiarity piloting remote-controlled multi-rotor vehicles
- Understand autopilots, companion computers, and dynamic electromechanical system behavior
- Familiarity with Jira
- AA degree in a technical discipline
- SF Bay Area Hourly Rate: $28-$32
- Stock Options
- Free health plan
- Dental, vision, life and disability benefits
- Flexible time off, 15 holidays and paid new parent leave