Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Compensation Specialist is responsible for providing professional mentorship, coordination, and support in the effective and consistent application of staff job classification and compensation administration policies and practices. This role will coordinate and maintain various compensation-related data management systems, and coordinate and facilitate implementation of corporate-level compensation programs and initiatives. This position will also provide advice, training, and support to other HR personnel and company managers, in the application of compensation management principles, guidelines, procedures, and standard methodologies. The position will also develop and provide support for all compensation and bonus programs.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
To perform this job effectively, an individual must be able to perform each crucial duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides training and instruction to other HR personnel and company managers as appropriate in the day-to-day application of compensation programs, policies, and procedures
- Provides analysis and review of job classification and reclassification requests; quality controls the job classification process for both existing positions and newly crafted positions, performing job audits as appropriate
- Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in the job market; contributes to established compensation surveys and/or develops and implements custom surveys as appropriate
- Develop and implement compensation and bonus programs
- Develops and writes job descriptions to accurately describe job content, applying niche and relational database job description software
- Maintains and updates compensation databases and the job description web site
- Reviews and supervises the career ladder process to ensure overall consistency and appropriateness of application, and compliance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Assists and collaborates, as appropriate, in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program for regular staff employees
- Acts as a primary point of contact and consultation for job classification and reclassification and associated compensation issues
- Assists in the organizational structure development, job design, and related issues
- Assists in the development, writing, editing, and modification of operating policies, guidelines, and procedures, as appropriate
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, or related field preferred. (An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for this role.)
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in compensation; statistics, analytics, or mathematics
- Knowledge of organization structure, staffing patterns, and job design
- Expertise in job analysis and job evaluation and knowledge of organization structure to audit and classify staff positions at all levels
- Ability to devise, design, analyze and implement customized compensation surveys
- Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures
- Shown understanding of statistical software and computerized applications and procedures as applied to compensation management
- Knowledge of career development and career laddering concepts, principles, and processes
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work efficiently with a wide range of constituencies in a multifaceted community
- Ability to work reliably in a team environment.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Ability to capture and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptions
- Ability to provide on-the-job and technical mentorship and training to staff
- Knowledge of statistical sampling and survey methodology
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and administer sophisticated administrative systems and processes
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on critical, confidential issues
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation
- Develop and deliver presentations and training programs related to compensation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Proficient in use of HRIS systems, including running queries and analyzing employee data
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with Radford compensation surveys, Mercer salary/remuneration benchmark surveys, Salary.com and CompAnalyst preferred.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at:
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export controls laws and regulations. If an export authorization from an applicable US regulatory agency is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such regulatory authorization(s) and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations pursuant to such authorization(s).
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
The pay range for this position is:
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!