As a member of the Strategic Finance team you will play a critical role in owning the company's operating plan and developing profitable and scalable business models. Finance at Zipline owns our path to profitability that is fundamental for Zipline to achieve its mission globally, and we drive high priority initiatives to get us there. This role will be specifically dedicated to our operations in Africa, Zipline's largest and fastest growing market. You will work closely with the operations teams to identify opportunities to optimize costs and leverage economies of scale. An ideal candidate will be eager to have "boots on the ground" at our operations locations and get to know the business at a detailed and nuanced level. You will partner with cross-functional teams to translate complex operational objectives into financial targets and track our performance against these targets. You will help us see around corners and anticipate scenarios so that our teams can plan and invest every dollar wisely. The ideal candidate for this role has strong analytical and communication skills and is passionate about fostering strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Partner with stakeholders within the company to enable data-driven decision making and budgeting
- Support deep-diving into opportunities for cost-savings and efficiencies within our operations
- Define key performance metrics and provide actionable insights through reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Own the financial reporting dashboard and P&L reporting for our Distribution Centers, including monthly finance and operations' data refreshes and dashboard hygiene/maintenance
- Own key metrics' reporting for company-wide communication (i.e. finance "newsletter" and KPI dashboard)
- Participate in month-end close processes to become familiar with finance best practices and own variance analyses
- Contribute to developing presentations and creating dynamic data visualizations
- Review and approve spend & partner with the Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate cost coding
- Support the Africa AP team to forecast cash needs across 5 countries
What You'll Bring
- You have 2+ years of experience in investment banking, finance, consulting or similar, comfortable serving as a "general athlete" that can do a little bit of everything
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management or General Business
- You are comfortable working in cross-functional environments, able to navigate seamlessly between different functions, skillsets, and perspectives
- You are an Excel wizard and can build and manage complex financial models
- You are data-driven but also committed to supporting fast-paced, "good, not perfect" decision-making
- You can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to build strong relationships with Zipline teams and external stakeholders
- You have strong project management and organizational skills
- You have solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, and investment analysis
- You have experience in the technology industry, ideally with a heavy operational component
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline's behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.
Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world's most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda's national blood delivery network and Ghana's COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers. The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
Join Zipline and help us to make good on our promise to build an equitable and more resilient global supply chain for billions of people.