Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for carrying out procurement processes (within the U.S. and globally), standards, and operational plans, including RFPs, negotiation, preparations, and cost analysis. The role partners with clients throughout the business by responding to inquiries concerning order status, modifications, or cancellations. The position is key to enabling the development of the company’s vehicles, industrial base, and broader market ecosystems.
This position will be required to work on-site 5 days a week.
What you can do:
- Lead purchasing processes and systems for products and services required by Engineering and other departments (indirect procurement)
- Follow processes to conduct RFI, RFP, select suppliers, evaluate responses, and ensure continuous execution
- Take an analytical approach to evaluating bids and supplier performance
- Supports the development and implementation of sourcing and category strategies for different engineering verticals
- Integrates program, product and in-service strategies into source selection, negotiation and contracting strategies
- Prepares and carries out negotiated contractual documents and binding agreements including pricing and contract terms and conditions
- Maintain relationships with strategic suppliers
- Maintains a high customer satisfaction rating that meets or exceeds company standards
- Is responsive and supportive to the needs of our customers and internal partners
- Completes all assignments and administrative tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Maintains and updates status tools as required
- Conducts strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threat (SWOT) analysis.
- Oversees supply and demand, schedules, supplier quality, delivery and financial performance
- Initiates and implements supplier improvement activities and integrates results into contracting strategies
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or similar field
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in supply chain and/or procurement (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service
- Experience working in fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Experience working both independently and in team environments
- Experience working directly with suppliers or supplier management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow-up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Proficiency with Excel VLOOKUP, pivot tables, MS Office Suite
- Distinctive process leadership skills
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in advanced technology, aviation, automotive, or the mobility space with UAS or UAM preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g., SAP) preferred
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category or class protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at:
This position will include access to certain technology and/or software source code that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of total compensation.
The pay range for this position is:
Click HERE or visit: https://jobs.supernal.aero/benefits to view our benefits!