Our mission at DRONAMICS is to democratize air freight and enable same day shipping for everyone, everywhere. To achieve this, we are developing a new type of cargo airplane, one that is small, remotely-piloted and extremely fuel efficient. It can transport up to 350 kg over 2,500 km for a cost that's 50% lower than other airplanes. It flies autonomously, can be monitored and managed remotely via satellite, and can land and take off anywhere with at least 400m of landstrip This is the kind of technology that can transform whole economies.
At first, it didn't sound possible, but we keep proving it is, which is why we've called it “The Black Swan”. It can land on short and unpaved runways, enabling on-demand point-to-point flights and speedy same-day delivery even to the most remote locations that would otherwise take days to reach over ground or sea.
We are starting with domestic air networks in Europe and Australia with fleets of the Black Swan, taking advantage of the multitude of small airfields that are often unused, training local personnel as drone and logistics operators, and partnering with local industry to provide a valuable lifeline of getting goods in and out of small, remote, mountainous and/or island communities within hours at a cost that is often below even that of road transportation.
We believe that rapid and reliable shipping has enormous socio-economic benefits , and our goal is to enable same-day deliveries for every single person on the planet at a cost that they can afford.
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and External Manufacturing, the Supplier Management Executive will be responsible for the development and management of robust aerospace supply chain solutions to enable the growth of the business. You will lead the development of a global supplier network for your portfolio of parts and establish long term business agreements that support the business strategy and deliver stable component supply. You will lead the development of new suppliers to become rate ready and deliver to budget. You will maintain and improve existing suppliers ensuring they meet cost, delivery and quality commitments.
- Identify and down select new suppliers to meet business requirements.
- Work with suppliers to become rate ready and compliant to Dronamics schedule.
- Manage supplier costs to meet your portfolio budget.
- Manage ongoing supplier delivery performance.
- Manage on time supplier payments and invoicing.
- Establish and maintain efficient logistics solutions for material movements from suppliers to Dronamics.
- Work with the Project Management team to ensure supplier manufacturing development activities are on schedule and within budget.
- Work with Material Planning Manager to cascade demand forecasts to supply chain and ensure supply commitments are met.
- Work with Quality team to ensure suppliers meet regulatory and business quality standards.
- Work with Design team to ensure products meet design requirements and establish robust feedback where requirements need to be adapted.
- Maintain supplier metrics for your portfolio of parts to enable robust business reporting and supplier management.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience of leading aerospace supply chains.
- Working knowledge of Aerospace supplier quality and regulatory requirements
- Experienced in Lean principals and appropriate application to supplier improvements.
- Experience of building highly sustainable, ethical and quality compliant aerospace supply chains.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experienced in contract negotiations and problem resolution.
- Growth phase and scaling experience, an understanding of the complexity & challenges of navigating a business through its early lifecycle phase.
- Excellent budgeting, analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to work, able to pitch in and help the wider team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and presence – ability to motivate their team, develop their people and nurture the company culture.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package for a Series A company
- Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth on a global level
- Tons of work, zero office politics - we are here to impact the lives of millions of people around the world
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to frame the future of how the world moves goods
- This role will initially be remote and we are open to a location across Europe. There is a requirement for frequent international travel