DroneUp was born out of a vision to make autonomous flight great for communities, great for business, and great for the world. Yet more than visionaries; we have the tools, instruments, focus, and expertise to execute while utilizing a "People Matter Most" mentality.
Our founder envisioned a massive, untapped opportunity to leverage autonomous flight that would revolutionize how the world may "pitch" and "roll" in the future. To start, we have harnessed the power of airspace technology, analytics platforms, and drone services to transform business operations. Our long-term mission is to be "Safe and Be Exceptional" while building and deploying the world's most accessible drone ecosystem.
Ranked in the top 25 of LinkedIn Top Startups 2022, DroneUp is Headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia and provides drone delivery service in 34 locations across six states in partnership with the #1 retailer in the world, Walmart, Inc.
In 2022 DroneUp was on the list of "Next Big Things in Tech" but we are more than just invested in the drone ecosystem; we are equally invested in our people and landed successfully as a certified "Great Place to Work" in 2023. Knowing that our mission critical success comes directly from the people we bring onboard, we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and go beyond the normal Field of View! Come fly with us as our team goes through our checklists that will "Inspire Fast Action" and take an entire industry to new heights. "Be a Person Others Want to Follow!"
DroneUp is seeking Drone UAS Flight Operators to join our Flight Operations team in the Lindon, UT area. The pilots will be responsible for conducting drone delivery operations and other drone operations from our onsite Hub locations. The operators will fill various roles in the operation including serving as Remote Pilot in Command (RPIC), Safety Pilot, and Visual Observer. Knowing FAA rules and regulations is crucial and the operators must be able to operate in a safe and effective manner. A key requirement for this position is the ability to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the team and meet project deadlines. We believe in fostering a work-life balance and are looking for individuals who can contribute effectively while embracing the flexibility required in our collaborative and evolving work culture.
- Responsible for day-to-day drone operations
- Create flight planning routes for deliveries
- Ensure drone safety is observed at all times
- Maintain and care for drone equipment to make sure all units are running smoothly
- Deliver packages safely and effectively to customer locations
- Perform in Enterprise Service missions and activities when called upon, including but not limited to Facility Inspection, Cell Tower flights, and Marketing Videos
- Travel up to 20% (may be required depending on project needs)
- Other duties assigned
- Part 107 Remote operator Certificate required
- Strong knowledge of 14 CFR Part 107 regulations, airspace, and LAANC system
- Experience with a variety of UAS platforms is a plus
- Experience with one or more of the following: ArduPilot, ArduPilot Mission Planner, MAVlink protocol, QGroundControl, Mavlink, RFD Tools, Radio Telemetry or DJI Go
- Familiarity with Google Earth, Google apps, and UAV piloting apps
- Experience with Radio Controlled airplanes or RC systems in general is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to perform repeated movement of equipment and packages up to 50 lbs
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions, including wind, rain, snow, and extreme temperatures
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Legal Services
- Identity Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday)
Just like drones themselves, your earning potential can soar to new heights, but it largely depends on your qualifications and expertise. If you are recognized as an industry expert, your earning potential can take true flight. The target salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000. Your unique qualifications and contributions to the field will play a significant role in determining your precise
$50,000 - $60,000
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
DroneUp is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified individuals, regardless of sex, age, race, national origin, disability or other protected characteristics. DroneUp subscribes to the equal employment opportunity requirements of applicable law. It is the policy of DroneUp to ensure equal opportunity to all employees and applicants in all employment matters, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, and separation. In these and all activities, DroneUp does not discriminate against any qualified individual because of sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity disability, handicap, liability for service in the United States Armed Forces, veteran status, and/or any other legally protected characteristic.
Any individual who feels that he or she may have been discriminated against in violation of this policy is strongly encouraged to immediately contact his or her supervisor or any member of DroneUp management. Any member of DroneUp management who is notified of alleged discrimination is required to immediately report the incident to the HR Department.
DroneUp will thoroughly investigate all such claims with due regard for the privacy of the individuals involved. Any employee who knowingly retaliates against an employee who has reported workplace discrimination will be subject to immediate corrective action, up to and potentially including termination of employment.
Security Responsibility Statement: Employees are expected to provide a high level of security to any personal or private information accessed as part of their work, whether at a DroneUp facility or remotely. This includes participating in security training, remaining sensitive to individual rights to personal privacy, and complying with company policies. Employees who have access to sensitive data that is protected by regulation, such as HIPAA, or by contract, such as credit card data, must comply with any additional requirements dictated by the governing regulations or associated contracts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Part 107