Join us at the forefront of the robotics industry, developing and deploying a new generation of drones. Drones capable of touching and interacting with surfaces - which makes them actual flying robots.
Spun off from the world-renowned Autonomous Systems Lab of ETH Zurich in 2019, Voliro was awarded the Top Swiss Robotics Startup 2022 and named one of the Top 10 most innovative companies in robotics 2023 worldwide.
After releasing our first generation product in September 2022, we proved product-market fit in early 2023. Now our mission is to create an unmatched customer experience and scale the business throughout 2023.
Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, our core markets are in Europe as well as North America. In summer 2023, we will open our US presence in Miami to amplify sales and customer support in North America.
UAV Pilot [fulltime 80 - 100%]
Start date: 1 August 2023
As a UAV pilot, you will lead and execute flight operations and perform technical customer support for the users of our innovative Voliro T flying robot. As part of our customer success team, you share our fascination and passion for drones and innovative technology.
You will be responsible for planning, carrying out and post processing drone flight missions. Depending on the customer and scope, missions take between one day and two weeks. You will travel to various countries to perform your missions, mainly in Europe and North America.
For customer support, you will help customers remotely or visit them on-site for pilot training or mission support.
- Plan, execute and post process missions with the Voliro T drone in Switzerland and other countries (mainly Europe and North America)
- Lead the execution of these missions (e.g. demo flights, customer support, etc.)
- Lead Voliro T pilot trainings for customers in Switzerland and other countries (mainly Europe and North America)
- Perform customer support to solve technical issues reported by customers
- Assist the testing team with flight tests in Zurich
Voliro is an opportunity for you to join a team at the forefront of the robotics industry, a team of pioneers and enthusiasts. You will leverage your experience in a dynamic and multidisciplinary working environment and grow together with Voliro. Innovation is our driver and customer excellence our mission. We cultivate a transparent, motivating and progressive company culture. You will get 25 vacation days per year, flexible work hours and unlimited amounts of high-quality espresso.
- Drone piloting experience
- Good technical knowledge
- Willingness to travel abroad 50% of the time for international missions
- Customer interaction experience
- Passionate to represent Voliro in front of (prospect) customers
- Open minded, collaborative and passionate mindset
- Proactive and pragmatic mentality, hands-on and problem solving attitude
- Good command of spoken and written English. German is a plus
- Driver's license (valid in CH)
- EU A2 drone pilot license (the exam can also be done at the beginning of the employment)
Furthermore we consider the following as a plus:
- FPV Drone pilot experience
- Drone hardware knowledge, e.g. experience with assembly of drones and soldering
- Experience in general aviation
- Experience with technical support
- US passport
We are only able to consider complete applications submitted via our online platform: https://voliroar.bamboohr.com/careers
Email applications will not be reviewed. We hope we have sparked your interest and we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please note that as part of the application you will be required to state your residency/working status in Switzerland. For this vacancy we are not able to support a work permit application for a non-EU/EFTA national without existing permission to work in Switzerland.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us via