We currently have a contract opportunity for an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Safety Pilot. The Pilot will be a member of the flight crew and be led by the Pilot in Command (PIC). The successful candidate will be highly skilled in drone piloting and be the primary point of contact for any flight safety related occurrences or issues arising during flight operations. Location: Edmonton.
- Coordinate with the PIC and Visual observer during flight operations
- Visually monitor flight of UAV while in autopilot mode and be prepared to take over manual control if advised by PIC or other safety issue arises
- Assist with the deployment and setup of the UAV
- Assist with the inspection of the UAV
- If required, manually fly UAV to verify proper flight performance
- Transport Canada Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS), Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) Pilot Certificate – Advanced operations
- Knowledge of operating procedures and emergency procedures
- Experience flying RC multirotor UAVs in angle flight mode*
* UAV flight modes may have different names depending on the manufacturer of the flight controller as follows: Angle mode (generic) – Stabalized (ArduPilot) – Attitude Arcade (MicroPilot); Rate mode (generic) – Acro (ArduPilot)
- Experience flying heavy multirotor UAVs – 25 Kg or greater
- Model Aeronautics Association of Canada (MAAC) membership
Hours of Work, Work Environment and Potential Travel
- Monday to Friday - 9 hours per day (on site)
- Location: Edmonton
- Valid Class G Driver License in good standing and regular access to a personal vehicle required
- We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with DDC’s Drug and Alcohol policy. This role is a safety sensitive position at DDC.
- Outdoor work, exposure to cold, heat or other weather elements
- High concentration levels required during flight operations
- The successful candidate must meet the security requirement of the position
- 20/20 vision
Diversity & Inclusion
DDC is committed to the creation of an exceptional work environment wherein we maintain values of mutual respect, integrity, dignity, and inclusivity; and encourage the open exchange of ideas and opinions. We are an equal opportunity employer that evaluates applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please inform the recruiter. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place at time of your interview and before you begin your employment.
DDC's headquarter is located in Vaughan, Ontario. We acknowledge that the land on which we work is situated upon traditional territories. The territories include the Wendat, Anishinabek Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nations, and the Métis Nation. We also recognize the enduring presence of Aboriginal peoples on this land.
Join our talented team to uniquely position your career and follow us on LinkedIn!
"Reimagining the Way You Deliver". Drone Delivery Canada (DDC) is a publicly traded, disruptive, pioneering, technology company focused on designing, developing and implementing commercially viable, drone-based logistics systems for government, commercial, industrial & retail customers globally. The Company’s patented, fully-integrated hardware/software platform is used as a managed service in a SaaS business model. Drone Delivery Canada is commercialized, operational and early-stage revenue-generating, with a robust sales funnel of global prospects.
Our people are at the heart of the innovation process and joining us means you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate! We are seeking entrepreneurial, smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping our team bring leading drone technology to businesses globally.
TSX.V: FLT; OTC QB: TAKOF; Frankfurt: ABB.F