Did you stumble across the perfect next step in your marketing career? You just might have... We’re looking for the future MVP of our Marketing team – a creative by nature with a deep curiosity for the customer journey, what messaging and CTAs drive action, and all the associated levers and data that will ultimately drive pipeline and revenue.
You’ll be well known in your personal and professional circles as someone who can design, build and optimize next-level website experiences. You’re just as comfortable mocking up UX/UI designs and user journeys as you are studying analytics reports to identify opportunities for conversion optimization – and you have a progressive understanding of what works and doesn’t on a website in 2023.
This is a critical position in a growing team that would be the perfect step-up for someone with big ambition, bigger ideas and a healthy balance of creativity and obsession for data.
This role can be worked 100% remote, or in a hybrid fashion depending on proximity to our regional offices and co-working spaces.
Digital design and Webflow development:
- Develop design concepts that align with brand guidelines and effectively communicate our platform, vision and messaging.
- Design engaging landing pages, email templates and other digital assets that enhance user experience and drive conversions.
- Develop custom Webflow components, animations and interactions to enhance user engagement and interactivity.
- Ensure a seamless and visually appealing user experience by optimizing the website's layout, navigation and responsiveness.
- Stay up to date with design trends, industry best practices and emerging technologies to continuously improve the quality of the website and digital assets.
- Assist with other marketing design projects when needed.
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) and SEO:
- Conduct thorough analysis of the website's performance using analytics tools, heatmaps, user feedback and A/B testing to identify areas of improvement.
- Develop and implement CRO strategies to increase conversion rates, improve user engagement and reduce bounce rates.
- Define, measure, and optimize web visitor/prospect journey, partner with Demand Generation and Marketing Operations on lead scoring efforts, traffic and lead analysis, and provide ongoing reporting on performance.
- Monitor key performance indicators related to conversion rates and provide actionable insights and recommendations to optimize marketing campaigns and user journeys.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Design, Revenue Operations, Product and Engineering, to execute CRO initiatives and measure their impact.
- Lead SEO efforts, including content audits, partnering with Content to handle content updates and opportunities, and implement SEO best practices to improve organic search visibility and website performance.
- Own the website, including strategy, leading new page development and UX/UI optimization in partnership with the Product Marketing and Content teams (ensuring a regular cadence of fresh site content), as well as daily maintenance.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the website, in collaboration with our DevOps team and external contractors as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Operations team to integrate custom functionality and troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise.
How you’ll be measured:
- As the owner of day-to-day operations, design and performance of our website, you will be driven to improve:
- Landing page conversion rate
- Lead-to-customer conversion rate
- User engagement and website traffic metrics
- SEO rankings and site health
- Design quality and visual consistency
- Adherence to project timelines
- Collaboration and communication
What success will look like in this role:
- Our website is the crown jewel of the industry, setting the standard for design, usability and performance – your standard will be to compete with household names rather than our direct competitors.
- Conversion rates on our website are constantly improving, with pipeline and revenue increasing as a result – and this will be directly trackable back to your efforts and expertise!
- Proven experience as a website designer, owner and optimizer, with a strong portfolio showcasing creative marketing materials and web design projects.
Design and implementation
- Experience in UX for marketing websites and/or campaigns.
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools.
- Experience with designing and implementing custom animations and interactions using Webflow's visual development tools.
- Extra credit for being able or willing to learn how to jump into software like Blender, Premiere Pro and After Effects to bring an idea to life.
Optimization and analytics
- Understanding of B2B demand generation channels and how they interplay with website technology, architecture and content.
- In-depth knowledge of conversion rate optimization strategies, tools and methodologies, with a track record of driving measurable improvements in conversion rates.
- Well versed in analytics, tracking and A/B testing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely, Convert, Hotjar, Semrush, ahrefs or similar tools.
- Expertise leading SEO efforts and campaigns, with a clear understanding of search engine algorithms, ranking methods, keyword research, measurement and data mining tools.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to derive actionable insights from data.
- The ideal candidate has previous B2B web marketing experience and a deep understanding of web systems and modern marketing technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of the Webflow platform, including its features, limitations and best practices.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and project management skills.
- A passion for drones, robotics, AI and other emerging tech a huge plus!
- Able to work Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm (PT, CT, MT or ET acceptable)
- Able to work 100% remote or in a hybrid fashion depending on proximity to our regional offices and co-working spaces.
- Available to travel occasionally for work-related events, such as conferences and company in-person gatherings.
Don’t have ALL the qualifications or experience listed above? Think you’d be a better fit for a slightly more senior position? We’d still love to hear from you. Apply with a few lines about why our job description is wrong and you’d be the perfect addition. (Pro-tip: include examples of your work… whether a website, design project, animation or surprise us!).
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.